Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This looks like a pattern where systems will pop inside d4/d5. 

I was just telling my wife this yesterday, the OP runs have all these pieces flying around with the cold air nearby. Nothing large showing up right now, but mid/short range something will hopefully show up out of nowhere....

Just now, Spanks45 said:

I was just telling my wife this yesterday, the OP runs have all these pieces flying around with the cold air nearby. Nothing large showing up right now, but mid/short range something will hopefully show up out of nowhere....

Often times that's what happens with Miller Bs.

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ha yea. I’m attempting to stay positive even though subconsciously I’ve started the melting process...it just hasn’t translated to my fingers yet. 

I have to say Mr. iceberg, you have slowly but surely subtly yet relentlessly become one of the top five funniest people on this board. Zeus is still number one,  and his standard is above most mortal human beings,  but you’re definitely top five.  Your ultimate melt will be very fun!

top 5:

Zeus

Brian

Ruanaway

Scott?  (It’s dry and subtle)

who am I missing?  Forky when he’s not being a biatch 

• Haha 1

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

I have to say Mr. iceberg, you have slowly but surely subtly yet relentlessly become one of the top five funniest people on this board. Zeus is still number one,  and his standard is above the most more like human beings,  but you’re definitely top five.  Your ultimate melt will be very fun!

top 5:

Zeus

Brian

Ruanaway

Hi

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I have to say Mr. iceberg, you have slowly but surely subtly yet relentlessly become one of the top five funniest people on this board. Zeus is still number one,  and his standard is above the most more like human beings,  but you’re definitely top five.  Your ultimate melt will be very fun!

top 5:

Zeus

Brian

Ruanaway

Dendrite

Lived through the 80's in Amherst, NYC, and Pittsfield. Some crappy times indeed, but I remember a couple of really great early March snowfall in NYC and November storms in Pittsfield (even great October storm of 1987, year my daughter was born).  Wasn't in Worcester for much, but it just seemed kind of dull. Amherst really suffered from the Valley effect, but one spell 81-82; had a winter with snow on the ground from early December until the beginning of April. Year of the great cold April blizzard 1982

So don't despair. And Feb 2015 was only 3 years ago. Last March was  a pretty good punch of winter, too.

Really boys and girls, etc. Let's get a grip

• Like 1

We've definitely seen changes...the cold loading has been much more eastward and deeper into North America....ORH just had their coldest high temperature in 25 years and we did just have our biggest winter storm, since 11/15. Those are some sensible wx results that are a 180 from most of December and early January.

We're still not getting a sustained PNA ridging....we get it in little pockets. As a result, the heights in the southeast should be lower in a typical El Nino and we keep getting the tendency of them to rebound too much there. That is causing some issues for storm track. We will see if we get some more NAO assistance coming up...so far it has mostly been absent, but that doesn't mean it will continue to be the case (see March 2018).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Everyone is whining all over the other forums and social media because forecasters had this winter being a cold and snowy winter for the whole northeast .

NOAA's seasonal forecasts in October and November predicted above normal temperatures for this Winter.  People hear what they want to hear.  I still think Ray's forecast was great despite not getting snow.  Most of what he's mentioned actually has occurred, and it was very educational regardless of the outcome.  Sometimes $h!t happens (or doesn't).