Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

When u say ugly, you should clairfy not Just snow against everything else but frozen against liquid pappy

No liquid for you...you'd get hammered with ZR after front end snow/sleet. Basically keeps everyone outside of 495and N of pike below freezing...in reality it would probably stay below freezing for areas even further south and east like to 128 and N CT or something....these models won't do the CAD correctly....though Euro is better at it than GFS.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

No liquid for you...you'd get hammered with ZR after front end snow/sleet. Basically keeps everyone outside of 495and N of pike below freezing...in reality it would probably stay below freezing for areas even further south and east like to 128 and N CT or something....these models won't do the CAD correctly....though Euro is better at it than GFS.

Thank you Sir

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

on that track, I worry about ZR in my area with CAD.. Brutal cold on the EURO for Monday

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

When u say ugly, you should clairfy not Just snow against everything else but frozen against liquid pappy

we have had 10 rainstorms , in this context sleet is not so ugly 

Well for snow yes ugly. I’m sure typical spots interior will have a lot of ZR. West and north 495 etc. I don’t have a ZR fetish so maybe I’m biased.

There's too much focus on "PV" ...

It's the flow compression from basically Cuba to James Bay and all points in between that is the problem...  Yeah, I get it - the two in this case are probably connected, still.. the understanding needs to focus on fast versus relaxed flow restoring.  Those two play out differently.   The fast version imposes intrinsic limitation in the ability for a fluid medium to structure cohesive "curved' forms of amplitude...  

That's why these features are "open wave" structures ...probability wise... a repeating motif for the next two weeks of this new pattern if the gradient between James Bay and the Gulf doesn't enter an idealized 80 dm ... or whatever, but less than 120 f'um five

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

please elaborate?

Just a trend I have been noticing, but where I think I am going with this is that as the system traverses the country, we need to prevent it from gaining as little latitude as possible. Back when the HP was modeled in the 1050s, the storm center was exiting the east coast down near the DelMarVa. As the HP has trended weaker, the storm center is able to gain latitude and traverse through SNE. While its likely a cause and Tip can add much more confusing language to explain what I'm thinking, its just something to keep an eye on.

• Like 2