• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Just cleaned up. 3 to 4 inches of very heavy, wet snow. Light snow falling right now. Waiting upon the lake effect snow now.

This is when elevation helps. 15 minutes down the road 500 to 700 feet lower in Williamstown they didn't get anything.

IMG_20190109_124511.jpg

Looks like paste.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

WWA for Northern Erie, Niagara, Genesee Counties until 6pm tomorrow...4 to 8 in the most persistent bands over northeastern Erie and Genesee Counties...can we get that to move about 12 miles west??? 

It’s really really tough to be from Angola to Amherst during this pattern. Such a rough stretch for us with no snow. I’ll go out on a limb and say by tomorrow night everyone in that area will still be looking at grass while every direction N,S,E,W of us will at least be able to look outside and see signs of what winter should look like. This is one of the most depressing midwinter stretches I can remember. 

2 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

It’s really really tough to be from Angola to Amherst during this pattern. Such a rough stretch for us with no snow. I’ll go out on a limb and say by tomorrow night everyone in that area will still be looking at grass while every direction N,S,E,W of us will at least be able to look outside and see signs of what winter should look like. This is one of the most depressing midwinter stretches I can remember. 

NW flow blows. Weak lake effect fluff bands that have little residence time. Such a waste of lake Energy. Give me W or SW flow all day. Love watching good LES bands on radar. Even if it doesn't hit me I can chase a real LES storm. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

You know I did alright in the November hybrid...hopefully we all cash in...but I agree I'm going through snow withdrawal!!!

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

King City Radar about as active as I’ve ever seen (for LES). Strong signal. 

It certainly is blossoming nicely.  What I like to see even more is the synoptic snow and low level moisture slowly working down through Ontario towards the lake.  That should be what really kicks things into high gear,

• Like 1