• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Yes it is.  Trying to decide if I should head down to the hills tomorrow or Thursday.  I like to chase during the heaviest snow, as opposed to at the tail end of events to see depth...so thinking late tomorrow afternoon might be best time.  

I'm off Thursday, Closing on my house at 2. So I'll be available after that if you want to chase. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

A radar composite of how this event will probably play out in WNY. Deadzone is usually between Metro Buffalo and Hamburg/Eden closer to lake shore. 

Image result for lake effect snow radar buffalo ny

You know I kinda chuckled to myself when Todd Santos said 3-6 for buffalo by Thursday night but im starting to think he's on to something. Again reminds me of the 8" in November same set up....and where I work in Lackawanna it was a dusting to an inch. 

This is Channel 9’s snowfall forecast through 7 tomorrow night  I also included Meteorologist Jim Teske’s write up  He’s calling for 10-16 on the Tug for the entire event:

Here is our first look at new snow later Tuesday night into 7 pm Wednesday evening. Along with the snow there are strong westerly winds causing blowing snow and reduced visibilities. **This is the first part of a long duration snowfall** Additional snow falls Wednesday night into Thursday. For planning purposes, our first estimate of total snow in the Syracuse area by late Thursday night is 5-10" Over some of the higher elevations south of Syracuse and the Tug Hill stormn totals end up at 10-16"

3246F054-10BC-47E7-A302-A8DA07E5F4DB.thumb.jpeg.7df3487d3bd667680b1c46729be99979.jpeg

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

A radar composite of how this event will probably play out in WNY. Deadzone is usually between Metro Buffalo and Hamburg/Eden closer to lake shore. 

Image result for lake effect snow radar buffalo ny

I think it'll be a bit more NW as well as significantly longer-duration and quasi stationary.

4 hours ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

When you live in an area such as the Tug Hill and most of the events you witness are big events, its kind of hard to get excited over 2 days of 10-20" of snow, lol, but ppl all across the NE would love to experience what were about to experience even though they say say its fake, lol, they'd love to be in it and thats a fact!

4 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Definitely a primarily NW flow event with that snow distribution.  Don't underestimate the power of enhancement on the Tug in a multi-band NW flow set-up.  The southern half of the Tug in particular has plenty of wide open Lake Ontario water upstream to produce nicely in these situations.  

Looking forward to it! Hopefully it provides...

How much snow would you project the city of oswego to receive wolfie and cny lesfreak for the entire duration over these nwxt 2 days..and will the winds be wnw or mpre nnw fir the lake effect pprtion of the storm..? Its pouring out rain now in the city of oswego..waiting for it to change over..how much synoptix snow we looking at ..sorry im all ovwr the place its just im genuinely excited qwre under a winter storm watch and  back in the snow conversation haha

Thats exactly what i wanted ti hear gentlemen...music to my ears.. now  wolfie when you say 6-8" w lollys of a 12+ where is the best chance of them.more localized 12+ bands .ore likely to set up...also cnylesfreak the synoptic slop at the end of the deformation zone, what time frame hour wise are we looking at just to give us a general frame of reference..like.the wee hours of this a.m.? And then a lull and then the lake enhanced action will kick.in this evening..to both you guys..how do you feel about the nws snowmap they out out..you like it or no?

Nice mesolow over LO heading due East right for Matts house, lol!  

12+ is over the highest elevations of Madison and Onondaga counties. I would think Oswego would be on the lower end of the spectrum as far as totals are concerned but this system definitely has some surprises in store for some of us. Id imagine, if we change over before the main shield of precip moves on off to the NE of us, then we stand the best chance of seeing higher accumulations but we gotta see how this LP moves. If it moves over KALB then we stand a better chance of seeing the tail end of the Def band but it may head towards Western Mass and if that happens, then it'll shut off, and we'll have to wait for the LEnahncement to kick in later tomorrow so lots depends on this developing system to our SE.