• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Latest Canadian actually shows that period being quite chilly, if not cold, as a pretty good block stays in place up near AK.  Let's see what Euro looks like, but I wouldn't bank on a warm period next week quite yet.  

The GFS doesnt have cold enough air for lake effect entire duration of the run exception this week. Pretty sad for mid January. 

55 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The GFS doesnt have cold enough air for lake effect entire duration of the run exception this week. Pretty sad for mid January. 

Euro looks more like Canadian to me for next week, if not even more impressive with building heights into AK.  Next week might be sneaky good... 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Euro looks more like Canadian to me for next week, if not even more impressive with building heights into AK.  Next week might be sneaky good... 

Oddly I thought that forecast of warmer temps next week was off a bit. The SSWE is starting to spawn The 3rd vorticie and it is forecast to be off the north atlantic/Canadian maritime then retrograde west to Hudson Bay all the while forcing the jet to buckle under a +PNA next week. 

• Like 1

Short Range Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 226 PM EST Mon Jan 07 2019

Several lows will move from the Great Lakes into the northeast over the next few days, delivering precipitation region-wide. The first low will move from Wisconsin into western Quebec overnight, spreading precipitation eastward into the Northeast. A secondary low will arrive in the Great Lakes Tuesday morning, quickly move east, and then strengthen along the Northeast coast Tuesday Night and Wednesday. The passage of the two lows should cause temperatures to fluctuate from the Great Lakes into the Northeast, which may cause multiple changes in precipitation types in some areas. Much colder air should arrive behind the second low on Tuesday Night and Wednesday, leading to a final changeover to snow across much of the interior Northeast and lake effect snow in the Great Lakes. Significant snow accumulation is expected from Upstate New York into Vermont, New Hampshire and inland Maine, with over 8 inches of snow likely.

Soundings for Wed into Thursday look quite impressive with deep deep snow growth level that intersects the omega values and the highest RH values. The winds start off at around 290-300 for a time then veer more NWery 310-320 with time, all the while remaining cyclonic.  Can't really ask for a better set-up than the one depicted for Wed-Thurs if your in places to the ESE-SE of the Lake.  This set-up, in past events, has given us our greatest totals with SW's pinwheeling around a large ULL situated up over VT and NH, which then heads off the coast of Maine and sometimes stalls and really clobbers us but that's not happening this time as its more progressive but things can get interesting come Wed evening into Thursday morning so we'll see what happens.  This is actually one of my favorite set-ups but their all different in one way or another.

nam_2019010718_051_43.26--76.22.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Car was in driveway, so brought it in the garage at 2 today. This is what it looks like 8 HOURS later.

This is what you call northern living... lol

IMG_20190107_222121.jpg

Awesome! I think that's more snow then I've seen on the ground here since Christmas Eve. Haha!

Just to bring a little more discussion to the board while we await our first potential snow event in quite some time, what kind of vehicles does everyone on this thread drive? Just curious how all of us upstaters get around.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Awesome! I think that's more snow then I've seen on the ground here since Christmas Eve. Haha!

Just to bring a little more discussion to the board while we await our first potential snow event in quite some time, what kind of vehicles does everyone on this thread drive? Just curious how all of us upstaters get around.

My snow lasted longer in the garage than yours does for a day.... lol

I drive a Hyundai Santa Fe. Love it. It does amazing in winter weather.