• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I figured that other report of 11" in Cherry Creek was false.

NEW YORK

...Cattaraugus County...
   Ellicottville          7.0   702 PM  1/09  Trained Spotter
   Perrysburg             3.0   356 PM  1/09  Co-Op Observer

...Chautauqua County...
   Cherry Creek           6.0   512 PM  1/09  Broadcast Media
   4 SE Frewsburg         4.0   713 PM  1/09  TRAINED SPOTTER

...Erie County...
   Sardinia               4.0   530 PM  1/09  Social Media

...Oswego County...
   8 N Redfield           3.2   712 PM  1/09  Co-Op Observer

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I figured that other report of 11" in Cherry Creek was false.

NEW YORK

...Cattaraugus County...
   Ellicottville          7.0   702 PM  1/09  Trained Spotter
   Perrysburg             3.0   356 PM  1/09  Co-Op Observer

...Chautauqua County...
   Cherry Creek           6.0   512 PM  1/09  Broadcast Media
   4 SE Frewsburg         4.0   713 PM  1/09  TRAINED SPOTTER

...Erie County...
   Sardinia               4.0   530 PM  1/09  Social Media

...Oswego County...
   8 N Redfield           3.2   712 PM  1/09  Co-Op Observer

yeah no one in WNY will see 2 feet. Thinking a max about 14-15" around Cassadaga when all said and done. Tug is a different story. Gonna say Matt cashes in with 22" for the event. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Thats a shame cause about 5 miles to your North its pounding, lol!  Lake effect, ya either love it or hate it!

Yeah it is surprising. But whatevs. Lake Effect is usually crap near here. Pencil in 5", maybe 6" and that's usually about right. It's all good.  Better than the nothing burger of last 2 weeks.  Roads are just slushy.

Its gotta be one of thee worst places, in a transition zone where a Nwerly flow is a little to North and the Cuse gets it and then if there's a WNWerly flow its usually too Westerly and it ends up just North of here!  I've seen it way too many times not to recognize it.  We'll be blowing exhaust in about an hr while Mexico and Parish and, even Central Square will pound away, :axe:! This is in a NWerly flow event and Central Oswego County gets Pounded, :axe: stupid!

7 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

It just went from mod-heavy snow to practically nothing right near Great Northern Mall, just nuts!

Yup, kind of lame IMBY.  We will end up with 4 or 5 inches by 8 a.m. then another inch or two. Yawn. LES is usually weak sauce here. Give me synoptic any day

Could be worse. Could be in other forums and shutout. ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I've been mentioning the South shore for days now as it looked good for you guys for days and days now so good for you guys in KROC!  Whats up with the Channel 10 weather guy?  Saw something on Channel 9 this evening about it?

I don't know the entire story, but the situation sounded way overblown.

Looks like its back building out over the Lake again so thats a promising sign for us, lol, and for you to Brian.  I for sure thought we were doomed but there's a ton of moisture out there and I keep forgeting that cause thats usually the case.  I'm always looking for that wrench but maybe not tonight??

H700 still moist with snow growth practically at ground level 900ft, 600 out in WNY!

700mb_sf.gif?1547090201729

ddrh.gif?1547090241051

• Like 1

I know the guy, Jeremy Kappel, on air he accidentally said, “we are broadcasting live from Dr Martin Luther Coon King JR Park”, he didn’t immediately apologize and maintained it was a flub. He was fired with pressure from the mayor. 

I feel bad for the dude but I’m not sure how that rolls out your mouth if you’re not accustomed to saying that. 

Looks good over you too now Max so I hope that continues. Its pounding here big time as were looking at close to 4-5" out there but Ill go out in a bit to verify.  The winds are crazy strong out there as well so its gonna be tough to get an accurate measurement so we'll see.  Might have to do the avg thing in the front yard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

I know the guy, Jeremy Kappel, on air he accidentally said, “we are broadcasting live from Dr Martin Luther Coon King JR Park”, he didn’t immediately apologize and maintained it was a flub. He was fired with pressure from the mayor. 

I feel bad for the dude but I’m not sure how that rolls out your mouth if you’re not accustomed to saying that. 

It doesn't, lol!  Thats something you can't say to/about any person nevermind Dr King, Wow!