Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish
doncat

Meteorological Winter 2018 Banter

1 hour ago, SnowFeen said:

Okay this is me again, it’s tony a.ka. Weatherminator a.k.a weatherfeen, a,k.a. Tony loves snow. I’m sorry for all the bad things I’ve said and done. I want to start fresh here and a have a clean slate. I love weather and I love this forum and interacting with you guys. Is there a way you can please give me a second chance and if for once again I do something dumb you can ban me and I won’t ever come back again? 

I promise I won’t let anyone down

You let me down.

1 hour ago, SnowFeen said:

I swear on everything I will be good and I won’t ever offend anyone. I’ve learned so much about weather here it’s not even funny and I’d like to learn more. I’m sorry again for all the dumb things, please forgive me?

You straight up lied to me when I called you out the other day. That offends me. Go away.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

You let me down.

You straight up lied to me when I called you out the other day. That offends me. Go away.

I think this might be parody, or some copycat....it's too apologetic. The real article would never be so contrite.

• Haha 1

Just now, SnowFeen said:

Sorry I just knew if I said it was me I would have gotten banned. But I had to tell everyone today...

hope you’re feeling better man

You're pulling our legs, right? Who are you, really?

• Sad 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/GCarbin/status/1101915681493274624

February 2019 comes in with the greatest areal coverage of "heavy precipitation" over the CONUS of any February in the last 51 years. Three of the five "wettest" Februarys (by this measure) have now occurred in the past three years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/02/27/februburied-up-feet-snow-has-fallen-mountains-west-coast-this-february/?utm_term=.187cf8828418

The latest in a nonstop series of winter storms is dumping additional feet of snow on major mountain ranges along the West Coast, breaking records along the way.

In California’s Sierra Nevada, Squaw Valley has notched its snowiest month on record, Mammoth Mountain has seen in its snowiest February, and Homewood Mountain has surpassed 500 inches for the season. Sierra-at-Tahoe has dubbed the onslaught of snow “Februburied.”

When world-renowned ski areas marvel at the massive amount of snow, you know something incredible is happening.

With February totals as high as 300 inches (25 feet!) now reported, this month has gone from epic to unbelievable. It’s great news for the region’s water supply, and there’s little question that skiing is going deep into summer this year.

• Like 1

Tony, if you're  going to threaten someone, threaten me.  

5 bans in 12 hours isnt impressive.  It's pathetic.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Tony, if you're  going to threaten someone, threaten me.  

5 bans in 12 hours isnt impressive.  It's pathetic.  

I didn’t do anything to you guys, I’m leaving to another board. I still like you you’re alright and bxengine is just mad cause he’s old. Anyway that’s it for me good luck and take care. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Rjayiloveyouitstony said:

I didn’t do anything to you guys, I’m leaving to another board. I still like you you’re alright and bxengine is just mad cause he’s old. Anyway that’s it for me good luck and take care. 

Agree he's old af but dont threaten people.   You've done everything possible to get banned.   

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, weatherlogix said:

Nothing like denying individuals their first amendment rights. Typical Democrapic mindset.

Somehow I don't think Madison meant for internet forum posting privileges to be protected speech.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

Somehow I don't think Madison meant for internet forum posting privileges to be protected speech.

It’s much easier getting away with being a jerk when you’re protected behind a computer screen. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Uh uh 9" isn't a bust at all :) I was forecasted for a little bit less so if a bust to the high side isn't a good thing then... yeah whatever.

It was a bust for the majority of the NYC area and LI.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

Most places were on the fence with this storm. I received 6.5'', but could of easily ended up with much less. That degree or two made all the difference.

2 hours ago, Snow88 said:

What was manhattan’s forecast? What was their final total?

you guys throw “bust” around way too easily. Some areas underperforming doesnt make it a “bust”. Having a 2’ forecast and getting 4” is a bust. Forecasted 5” and getting 3” isnt a damn bust. 

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

you guys throw “bust” around way too easily. Some areas underperforming doesnt make it a “bust”. Having a 2’ forecast and getting 4” is a bust. Forecasted 5” and getting 3” isnt a damn bust. 

But, but, but, the people want their snow!!

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

What constitutes a bust in your mind?  

I was forecasted to receive 5-8 inches of snow (melville LI) and we have anywhere from 2-3 inches, roads that were cleared by 5 am and schools that have delayed openings due to this storm. 

18 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

I was forecasted to receive 5-8 inches of snow (melville LI) and we have anywhere from 2-3 inches, roads that were cleared by 5 am and schools that have delayed openings due to this storm. 

You probably had closer to 4”. The snow is settling and melting already. It looked like I had 4-5”, and it was a couple inches when I went to bed around 11pm. It was a disappointment, but I can’t complain about having 11” over 3 events in 3 days (assuming 1.5” Fri AM, 4-5” Fri overnight, 4-5” this AM) 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

Well i mean go read the discussions around here last night and even today. Central park was at 5”, and because it wasnt 5” on the streets people are claiming bust. Even if the city was forecasted for 6-9”, is 5” a bust? I mean thats a real stretch. Part of the south shore, sure...that can probably constitute a bust. I avoid LIDville like the plague so i dont know as much about the issues the southern sections of LI face with marginal setups.

We had good indications just north of the city that there were areas that would overperform. Why isnt anyone screaming bust about that? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

We had good indications just north of the city that there were areas that would overperform. Why isnt anyone screaming bust about that? 

WTF man, I was forecasted for 5-8 and ended up with a little over 9"! I want a do over so I can get less like the forecast said. Bust!!!!! :poster_oops: