Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

50 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Very odd, SOI continues to climb too. If it's not a Nina then it's at least La Nada. 

Some people in the ENSO thread were legit claiming that this could be a strong el nino like a month ago....oops.

Its also been trending more canonical for the past three months, yet the modoki value has remained the same....neat trick.

Periods of RNA are evident in the analog composite of weak modoki events, especially early....there is some chance that it could become a theme throughout the season, but that is an issue for another forum. I'd still bet against it.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you recall I had a convo over a week ago with Jerry about a very gentle mild up and that the month was a lock to finish BN at the big 4. There was a lot of disagreement with that . It’s a very very benign mild up

I would not be at all surprised if most or all finish at BN...

10 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

The eps doesn't have an -EPO from what I can see. You have any thought on that? 

eps_epo_bias.png

eps_z500a_5d_nh_61.png

Yeah if you loop both the GEFS and EPS you’ll see it sort of shifts west and is not as amplified. Moreso on the EPS as you showed. However there is enough ridging in AK to help keep the cold in Canada and lurking nearby. Hopefully that does not go away. I have to imagine at some point the ridging shifts east again. You’ll probably see this show up in model height fields adjusting higher and higher gradually from run to run. Would think sometime in January?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Has the potential to be a Feb '69/Dec '76 event qualitatively speaking...meaning the main area of impact. You and I could end up with out own private event, but especially you.

Right now it certainly favors DE Maine for the higher impact on this one, But like we said, Its not far off for something better.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah if you loop both the GEFS and EPS you’ll see it sort of shifts west and is not as amplified. Moreso on the EPS as you showed. However there is enough ridging in AK to help keep the cold in Canada and lurking nearby. Hopefully that does not go away. I have to imagine at some point the ridging shifts east again. You’ll probably see this show up in model height fields adjusting higher and higher gradually from run to run. Would think sometime in January?

Yeah there still cross polar flow N of AK. You can see it on the height lines on the EPS there in that map...it's just not nearly as amped there as GEFS. Both now have SW troughing though so both have gradient type patterns. 

We don't need to rehash the pros and cons in New England of that type of pattern. We could do well or we could get skunked. It's the unmanned firehose analogy without downstream blocking. 

The weeklies did start looking a little blocker in early January though around Davis strait so we shall see if that starts to materialize. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there still cross polar flow N of AK. You can see it on the height lines on the EPS there in that map...it's just not nearly as amped there as GEFS. Both now have SW troughing though so both have gradient type patterns. 

We don't need to rehash the pros and cons in New England of that type of pattern. We could do well or we could get skunked. It's the unmanned firehose analogy without downstream blocking. 

The weeklies did start looking a little blocker in early January though around Davis strait so we shall see if that starts to materialize. 

I could be a situation where the the gradient is north later in December, and then gradually shifts southward as we march into the new year...

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The EPO really crashes in the 11-15 day. That’s what the weeklies suggest too. It’s an ok look verbatim,  but I wouldn’t say it’s the prettiest.

We take though....We had a pretty pattern just now, and got skunked, so let's take our chances with the "Not So Pretty" pattern, and maybe she's a lil nicer to us than the Lil Hottie pattern that left us high and dry. ???

Mm... sorry if this 'seems' over-the-top or perhaps overtly dramatic ... still, I'd be careful.  'Been thinking about this... you don't know that poster personally - or do you?

The whole 'debate' wrt to relaxation vs warm-up vs neither ...vs [ enter interpretation ] is strikingly sophomoric to begin with, but .... is bordering on creepy internet stalker behavior ...

From what I've gathered, this is a relative unknown who has set out to expose another poster as coveting some sort EPS bias.  Fine, seems rather benign on the surface ... but that should have been wrapped up inside of (at most...) five heated exchanges followed the typical internet-make-out session.  

The Meteorologist that the extra-double top secret poster (with an equally extraordinary life, mind us...) holds a grudge against was either

a ... an arbitrary target ... or far more likely

b ... did something to abash them when they used to engage in the forum under a different pseudonym. 

(Pseudonym is the same as a pen-name/"internet handle" , for those younger, iconographic non-English communicating e-zombies who have posted resentment for ever having to read more than ten words strung together and can't fit on their slimy pathogenic phone screens...  Good sign for the future of our society as we relay the torch, huh? ) 

One could have said "pattern relaxation" that and put any label on it and/or why ... but because one Met said EPS ... the other user, for whatever reason, has set out on some obsessive crusade to abase that Met. I almost wonder ... if this is just taking the emotional-reliance fixation neurosis to an extreme level.. and said Met is seen as someone that taints the other user's "drug" source. If that's the case...  you know, you folks should think outside the box and be careful.  What part of the last five to ten users of U.S. culture leads you believe this site is any different. Clearly, there are tendencies (all kidding aside) to be stem-wound obsessed with this agenda. 

We live in a day and age where an unsavory reality has been exposed: people need shocking uninspired reasons to act badly...  Just look up David Katz .. User 24 ;) He was an internet obsessed maladjusted nimrod that fomented paranoia in a gamer-based forum community.  You don't know who this person is.  I dunno, fwiw -

Regardless, November ... it was very highly likely that the pattern was destined to relax closing out the month and going through December  ... at some point or the other. Regardless of the source for that expectation.. ..to maintain 7" snow storm chances in between days in the teens (T.G.) beginning from Novie 20 would be excruciatingly rare.  

• Thanks 2