• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

George BM

Looks like snow is looking more and more likely just to my north in our northern CWA and up to Lubbock/Amarillo for late Sunday night into Monday morning. Looks like I may be doing a little chase in the Panhandle. 

As for the Subforum, the trough pattern evolution once east of the Rockies has been downright gaudy for storm genesis along the eastern seaboard. If this pattern can hold for a long time, could be an interesting winter. Only time will tell. Plenty of cold air in Canada. Need to lay a pack early in order to refrain from moderation. It's getting to the fun time of year ladies and gentlemen. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Good morning from Ridgway, PA. 

SNOW!

An accidental snow chase, thanks to work. About to hit the road, but should see snow for a little while on drive.

i totally get snow chasing now for those of you who have been able to do it.

Fauquier schools closed due to this snow

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, H2O said:

Fauquier schools closed due to this snow

It’s the only way to be safe.

down to I-80 now and pulled off for breakfast.  The drive down to here had snow whole way and accumulation starting on roads up in higher sections of 219. They were calling for 1-3 inches up there before changing to rain this afternoon.

So happy to see snow again.

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It’s the only way to be safe.

down to I-80 now and pulled off for breakfast.  The drive down to here had snow whole way and acclimation on roads up in higher sections of 219. 

So happy to see snow again.

Keep bringing it with you.  Granted it will turn to rain by my zip code but maybe jackpotville can get a dusting and N balt will see flakes.

Curious if anyone else is always having issues with WxBell not downloading all the frames from a run? Just looking over the latest GEFS and it is missing 9 frames of the 32. To make matters worse it always seems to be the periods of time that are of interest. Makes it almost impossible to follow what is going on. Hate spending $25 a month and then having to go to tropical tidbits to actually see what is going on.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Curious if anyone else is always having issues with WxBell not downloading all the frames from a run? Just looking over the latest GEFS and it is missing 9 frames of the 32. To make matters worse it always seems to be the periods of time that are of interest. Makes it almost impossible to follow what is going on. Hate spending $25 a month and then having to go to tropical tidbits to actually see what is going on.

I was actually considering contacting them about this.  It is frustrating and seems worse with the GEFS.  This is the main reason I gave weathermodels.com a try but I spent years understanding how to navigate wxbell and I dont think I have it in me to figure out another Maue labyrinth.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

First map is December, then January, then February. Much below black to below to normal to above average temperatures. February is warm, December is cold. 

That is what I kind of guessed but you are really going against most who feel February will be the primo month around here. December I can see because that is a possible toss up month in my mind but Feb? Any particular reason?

45 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I went way back and grabbed a photo from Dec 2009 for my new profile pic. Don't think I have ever used it before.

I probably just destroyed all our hopes and dreams.

That snow in your profile picture is long gone, but you may see the same frozen water in snowflakes because of the water cycle

52 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Wife and I saw Bohemian Rhapsody earlier today. Was a pretty good movie.

My sis just texted me. She saw it and thought it was quite good. She said the guy who played Freddie Mercury was very good.

Some of the reviews were critical of the accuracy/timing of some of the events.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic