Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Meh, I like Forests not people. People generally suck, some city people are used to living in grime and have no respect for the land. Mother nature will fight back as we see on the coast where our progressive civilizations built on barrrier beaches are getting their arse kicked, where developments deep in forests that naturally burned have had their lives ruined. Smart civilizations progress within their means with historical knowledge of Mother Earth. Stupid civilizations build and expand willy nilly, we are fooking stupid.

Had to deal with some of this BS on lands we have hunted in my lifetime this season, Folks from MA come up and purchase the land and first thing they do is post it to no hunting, Then wonder why they cant keep a garden going with the deer destroying it plus there plants and cedars.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I’m an environment person overall. There’s some people who just now down an entire lake front of trees which pisses me off. They’ll pay the fine because they’re rich ****s.

Funny you mention this, at Moosup Pond down the road when you are on the lake you see the original houses lining the lake. But its its mostly forest to the shore. This month they stripped cleaned about 30 acres to put up 4 Mc Mansions. Its brutally ugly from the street, can't imagine from the lake. But hey civilizations progress

This pic is from the beach, the development is actually on the left not pictured but imagine that hillside basically stripped. 

20181020_125756.jpg

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Funny you mention this, at Moosup Pond down the road when you are on the lake you see the original houses lining the lake. But its its mostly forest to the shore. This month they stripped cleaned about 30 acres to put up 4 Mc Mansions. Its brutally ugly from the street, can't imagine from the lake. But hey civilizations progress

This pic is from the beach, the development is actually on the left not pictured but imagine that hillside basically stripped. 

20181020_125756.jpg

They’re aren’t supposed to, but they’ll pay the fine. Imagine that. A few miles away at Squam Lake, it’s completely illegal to do so. All the houses have that rustic New England lake house look behind the trees. Of course they’re also over a million bucks lol.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

NH is going to be late to the party. They should've legalized weed and sports betting by now. Heck, throw in regulated prostitution too and tax it all.

Totally agree. Lets take some of these antiquated religious morality laws off the books.  People in jail for only smoking weed, gambling or selling sexual favors should all be freed. Think of those savings. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

20181020_125756.jpg

At one point when your house was built some 3 centuries ago, some folks were upset about the new build. It’s the natural progress, man and woman expand. Yes, politicians and developers line their pockets, nothing we can do.....Capitalism at it’s finest. 

Holy cow this thread went in the POT...(pun intended).   Don't worry about the trees...they'll grow back in 50 years or so...The native americans felt the same way.  Can't stop it, unless the U.S. goes down the tubes/collapses...then everyone is in deep sh*t, and you'll be chopping down the trees to stay warm and cook. 

Smart conservation is the way to go.  Can't always stymey development, just have to keep it in check.

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When your president has ICE knock on my door.

He is your President too. Are you here illegally ? Slap the face of all who migrated legally and worked their way to citizenship, nice. Extreme lefties and lefties have lost their friggin minds. Open borders are rejected by 75% of the population, fringe hard right and left are the real problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m an environment person overall. There’s some people who just mow down an entire lake front of trees which pisses me off. They’ll pay the fine because they’re rich ****s.

Need another July 2008 to take care of the lakeshore views. Or what happened in the same area this past July.

2018-11-26_12-35-12_zpsqciydxp3.png

My in-laws lucked out when they bought a nearly 200 year old lake house two years ago. The trees were mowed down long ago.

November discussion off the rails!

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Had to deal with some of this BS on lands we have hunted in my lifetime this season, Folks from MA come up and purchase the land and first thing they do is post it to no hunting, Then wonder why they cant keep a garden going with the deer destroying it plus there plants and cedars.

In northern NH/VT and much of Maine, winter could control deer populations pretty well, though the highs and lows would often be catastrophic.  Over the rest of New England that's not the case, and pop control can be either firearms or fenders, arrows or windshields.  (Several decades ago, Princeton, NJ banned the discharge of firearms in town, and within a few years road kill ballooned to over 200 per year, more than an order of magnitude greater than pre-ban deer-car incidents.)  Coyotes are vilified as deer-killers, but without deep snow they're not going to control those hooved locusts (term used by a PA park manager) very well.   More efficient predators like wolves and cougars generally don't stay around human settlements, unlike coyotes which can live almost anywhere, and society won't tolerate those large predators in suburbia even if they would stay.

37 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

He is your President too. Are you here illegally ? Slap the face of all who migrated legally and worked their way to citizenship, nice. Extreme lefties and lefties have lost their friggin minds. Open borders are rejected by 75% of the population, fringe hard right and left are the real problem.

Man, your sarcasm detection and sensivity have taking a big hit since your surgery. I hope you get well soon and recover as close to your normal self again, I miss that person. 

52 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Can it ever get closer???   Bring on the Pig....let's see if these ensembles can get it right???

It’s a consistent feature... eventually you’d think it will move closer. The old delayed but not denied.

Personally, I’d rather it just happen now, when our climo is still pretty rough for snow.

Worst case is it finally sets in mid to late December and you’re cooked during real winter months.

Who knows.