Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

5 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah but they could have been open for a week already..... frozen ground and 8" of cover....better than a lot of spring conditions at least down in Hollis/Brookline area when trails should probably be closed.  The 12/15 date thing is kinda dumb.

Uh, Actually it is not, We have logging operations still going on up here, Trails system here crosses a lot of bodies of water that's not frozen, Plus its still hunting season, And landowners that allows us to use there land for trails don't want us ripping up there property, Otherwise then that, Sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Watching His Majesties Secret Service, filmed in Switzerland. Best snow, avalanche, ski,  cheesy green screen and all movie ever. They had problems filming due to lack of snow in 68/69 winter in Switz, we stole all their snow.

Doing ok back to work 12/3 , thanks. One day at a time

Glad you're doing better, man....we need you in tip top shape for the winter.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dryslot said:

Uh, Actually it is not, We have logging operations still going on up here, Trails system here crosses a lot of bodies of water that's not frozen, Plus its still hunting season, And landowners that allows us to use there land for trails don't want us ripping up there property, Otherwise then that, Sure.

Club trail on our woodlot has multiple tracks, though I think it's members checking things out.  Nicer walking than thru 8-10" with a midlevel crust, however.
The logging jobs are just getting under way on frozen ground operations, after fall mud season.  We work closely with the ORV Division and clubs to ensure that the harvesting doesn't impact major trails.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Club trail on our woodlot has multiple tracks, though I think it's members checking things out.  Nicer walking than thru 8-10" with a midlevel crust, however.
The logging jobs are just getting under way on frozen ground operations, after fall mud season.  We work closely with the ORV Division and clubs to ensure that the harvesting doesn't impact major trails.

I know of an incident around the Rangeley area a week or so ago where some sleds were riding on some logging roads and came close to an incident with a logging truck, A very high percentage of the trail system crosses large bodies of water that are just starting to skim over so trail riding would be quite limited on normal trails, But some are antsy and have taken to the logging roads as a way to get out early.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

00z euro was a bit colder and much snowier here. NCEP models say no way. It'll probably cave again.

It is a razors edge from rain to a blue bomb for some, The secondary track will be the key to how much cold gets wrapped in to draw that RN/SN line SE and closer to the coast.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

It is a razors edge from rain to a blue bomb for some, The secondary track will be the key to how much cold gets wrapped in to draw that RN/SN line SE and closer to the coast.

This may be a good event for Gene being NW of me and having elevation. I expect mostly rain and catpaws here with a flip toward the end if the CCB gets cranking.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

00z euro was a bit colder and much snowier here. NCEP models say no way. It'll probably cave again.

It's been far colder on these marginal systems than other guidance. Hopefully this isn't chronic all winter where we can't trust it at 48-60 hours. 

RGEM is only at the end of its semi-useful range (48h) but it's a furnace too. 

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is a good test case for the new location in PWM. We have 0" for the Jetport, but have light accumulations at my house. We'll see what 100 ft can gain me. 

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The GFS keeps riding the low way far north into the NNE mtns while the Euro keeps it along the coast.  Climo would argue for the ECM track over the GFS.

Heres 6z GFS...odd track.

IMG_1372.thumb.PNG.f6550d091f88eea643dee5744dea88f4.PNG

Just now, dendrite said:

This may be a good event for Gene being NW of me and having elevation. I expect mostly rain and catpaws here with a flip toward the end if the CCB gets cranking.

Yes, Gene and Alex as well as the IZG-RUM corridor here, Elevations are going to get smoked, There is no doub't about that, Its how the lower elevations shake out with that SLP track along or off the coast.