• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

I think Will mentioned the MJO.   A lot of guidance keeps it on the end left of the circle while the euro family is agressive in pushing it into th less favorable areas..     The aussies may be a good compromise with the movement into the  cod albeit on the right side of it.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/MJO/CLIVAR/clivar_wh.shtml

• Like 1

The look is good on GEFS but it def isn't Niño. It's just a much more favorable version of the non-Niño look...the euro just has a crap non-Niño look. 

Gefs actually look kind of like a 2010-2011 Niña look...aleutian/dateline ridge poking up into EPO region and a big -NAO. 

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’re talking about where people live. Not 3 posters 

You seem shook recently... after some record cold temperatures and a week of snowcover following a mid-November warning criteria event.

Some years it doesn't start snowing and have any lasting cold for another month.  I fully expect a decent lull, I mean this type of cold press relative to normal isn't sustainable.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You seem shook recently... after some record cold temperatures and a week of snowcover following a mid-November warning criteria event.

Some years it doesn't start snowing and have any lasting cold for another month.  I fully expect a decent lull, I mean this type of cold press relative to normal isn't sustainable.

He’s been dripping liquid for days now. His kids puzzled why dad banged the table at thanksgiving and stormed off into the garage.....

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Awesome bases for the roll into winter for the tens of thousands of NNE winter enthusiasts.  Like having a torched May June heating up the Ocean for early water sports down here. Good times

This has been a special November, Cold and snow, Very good times indeed

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Hit 40F today for the first time in 12 days.

In November.  Almost a two week stretch sub-40 degrees in November! 

Last 15 days have all been below normal, significantly for the most part... -11.9F departure for the past 15 days.

Certainly a month to remember.

My uncle used to tell me they played pond hockey on Thanksgiving in Rhode Island when he was a kid. I thought he was FOS but after the last two weeks maybe he did.

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We gotta rename Dendrite... "The Gateway to NNE".  Always seems like he's the dividing line in discussions.

It is kinda true that many times the area around n Exit 17 on Rt 93  is the dividing line between snow and no snow.  Snow depths increase rapidly north of Concord NH.

I have no idea what to expect for the Monday system.  One run is no snow and the next a foot.  Great to live 20 miles north of Brian I just jump on the boards and see Congrats Dendrite and know I'm good to go... (until the next run)

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

It is kinda true that many times the area around n Exit 17 on Rt 93  is the dividing line between snow and no snow.  Snow depths increase rapidly north of Concord NH.

I have no idea what to expect for the Monday system.  One run is no snow and the next a foot.  Great to live 20 miles north of Brian I just jump on the boards and see Congrats Dendrite and know I'm good to go... (until the next run)

Yes. Rest area in Canterbury. North of that is endless winter.

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

So true though.

17 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My uncle used to tell me they played pond hockey on Thanksgiving in Rhode Island when he was a kid. I thought he was FOS but after the last two weeks maybe he did.the 

As a kid, we used to spend our Thanksgivings in Woodstock CT, we would walk literally to the MA border, just outside of Southbridge. 

I remember playing hockey at least once on the pond/lake there...though you wouldn't have skated to the middle where the ice looked much thinner.  More often would be ice on the immediate shore and throwing rocks to break the skim ice. 

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

As a kid, we used to spend our Thanksgivings in Woodstock CT, we would walk literally to the MA border, just outside of Southbridge. 

I remember playing hockey at least once on the pond/lake there...though you wouldn't have skated to the middle where the ice looked much thinner.  More often would be ice on the immediate shore and throwing rocks to break the skim ice. 

I didn't realize you were as old as my 95 yo uncle