Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

16 hours ago, weathafella said:

2010-11

Up here it was 07-08, no blockbusters but 2 moderate snows per week on average from early Dec thru much of March.  Snowpack retention worthy of Fort Kent.  (And there the pack was even more enormous.)  10-11 was an average winter here, made AN by the 10-15" on April Fools.

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Up here it was 07-08, no blockbusters but 2 moderate snows per week on average from early Dec thru much of March.  Snowpack retention worthy of Fort Kent.  (And there the pack was even more enormous.)  10-11 was an average winter here, made AN by the 10-15" on April Fools.

One of the best pack years here as well that winter, We were around 38"

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

One of the best pack years here as well that winter, We were around 38"

Reached 48 here.  The March 1 Manitoba Mauler was progged for 10-14" atop our 43" pack and I figured 50s easily.  Verified at 6".  Season piled up more than 3,800 SDDs, nearly a thousand more than any other year here.  Every intersection was peek-a-boo for 2 months.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Reached 48 here.  The March 1 Manitoba Mauler was progged for 10-14" atop our 43" pack and I figured 50s easily.  Verified at 6".  Season piled up more than 3,800 SDDs, nearly a thousand more than any other year here.  Every intersection was peek-a-boo for 2 months.

We had got into the 40's for a time that winter as well but we were avg around 38" or so for most of it, Wouldn't mind another one, Rode well into april that year.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We had got into the 40's for a time that winter as well but we were avg around 38" or so for most of it, Wouldn't mind another one, Rode well into april that year.

The other nice thing about that winter is that, except for the usual Grinch storm (12/24 that year), there was almost no events with -type issues - some IP in 1st of the 8 Feb storms but all flakeage all the time for the rest.

8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The other nice thing about that winter is that, except for the usual Grinch storm (12/24 that year), there was almost no events with -type issues - some IP in 1st of the 8 Feb storms but all flakeage all the time for the rest.

30 storm systems that winter first was on 12/3/07 and the last one was 03/31/08, 14", 9.5" and 9.0" was the biggest ones that season here, None around 20" but there were a lot in the 2-8" range with Feb being the biggest month with 11 events.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

30 storm systems that winter first was on 12/3/07 and the last one was 03/31/08, 14", 9.5" and 9.0" was the biggest ones that season, None around 20" but there were a lot in the 2-8" range with Feb being the biggest month with 11 events.

That was a great winter and really my preferred way to get snow.  

1 hour ago, LurkerBoy said:

According to what I can parse this morning, we have BN temps till Halloween, then Halloween is looking like it could be +5 or so (mid 60's in my location), a day or two of lingering AN, then another step down to mid 50s or just about average. 

Have to remember Lurker....your area is quite a bit warmer many times than most of the posters here in SNE.  You may be +5 and most of SNE could be right about where they should be for the date.  Just saying...

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

41.5" Dec, 27" Jan, 49.5" Feb and 19.8" in March when it still was a winter month............:lol:

D: 46.2", J: 27.5", F: 46.5", M: 18.8", A: MIA, as the storms went away until the end-of-month delguge that flooded Ft. Kent.

3/31/08?  Had 0.7" - season's last decent event was 3.7" on 3/28-29.  Only 2 double-digit snows, 10.7" on Dec 3-4 and 12.5" on Jan 1-2.  I'm guessing your 14" storm was Jan 15 - we were just north of that near stationary yellow banana on radar and got 8", Farmington co-op less than 6".  AUG had 10" in 4.5 hr as I left for Farmington - wife had been rear-ended on Rt 2 and got a meatwagon ride to the hospital to check if the sternum clips (from double bypass 3 months earlier) had opened.  Negative, fortunately.   As I drove up Rt 27 that day in SN++, the snowbanks were indistinguishable from road or field.  I stayed on track by watching the phone line to my right, hoping it wouldn't cross the road and send me into the left-side ditch.  :lol:

8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

D: 46.2", J: 27.5", F: 46.5", M: 18.8", A: MIA, as the storms went away until the end-of-month delguge that flooded Ft. Kent.

3/31/08?  Had 0.7" - season's last decent event was 3.7" on 3/28-29.  Only 2 double-digit snows, 10.7" on Dec 3-4 and 12.5" on Jan 1-2.  I'm guessing your 14" storm was Jan 15 - we were just north of that near stationary yellow banana on radar and got 8", Farmington co-op less than 6".  AUG had 10" in 4.5 hr as I left for Farmington - wife had been rear-ended on Rt 2 and got a meatwagon ride to the hospital to check if the sternum clips (from double bypass 3 months earlier) had opened.  Negative, fortunately.   As I drove up Rt 27 that day in SN++, the snowbanks were indistinguishable from road or field.  I stayed on track by watching the phone line to my right, hoping it wouldn't cross the road and send me into the left-side ditch:lol:

lol, Definitely, Intersections were sketchy where the town didn't get the banks pushed back.

39 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Have to remember Lurker....your area is quite a bit warmer many times than most of the posters here in SNE.  You may be +5 and most of SNE could be right about where they should be for the date.  Just saying...

He lives on pavements near the ocean, he should always expect warmth and rain.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He lives on pavements near the ocean, he should always expect warmth and rain.

Lol for sure....except when he gets 22 inches in Feb 10 and we got RAIN....or when he got 30 inches in Jan 16, and I got 9 inches, and just to my north got 4 and up by the Mass line got a dusting to an inch with that one in 2016.   

So their are times when he outperforms us...but it's rare.