Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

36 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised by that anyway, it is not like modeling had in any way locked a cold pattern in the long range.  Step down pattern towards winter with the occasional steps back towards autumn and AN.

Yup. Makes logical sense.  Seasons in seasons. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

lol.  I think it gets warmer relatively speaking in the 11-15 day based on ensembles.  Again, typical fall ebb and flow. 

Copy that. I now do see that there has been a slight adjustment warmer in the 6-10! Looks like "warmth" comes with moisture, too. Also interesting for the ACATT group, this week has been trending warmer in forecasts and also overperforming. Something to keep in mind. 

That said, compared to early Oct and falls of the past few years, it does not seem like the constant this season will be balmy. Looks somewhat consistent. 

Also Mets - there's a super typhoon out there in weatherland. Will it have much effect on our sensible wx? 

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It does look like an 80s pattern of warmth ahead of a midwest cutter, rain, front, cool....then back to warmth.

Personally that's fine for now...too early for anything meaningful anyways, so might as well be a little milder imo.   I'll take upper 50's and low 60's for another 3-4 weeks...no issues with that at all.

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Personally that's fine for now...too early for anything meaningful anyways, so might as well be a little milder imo.   I'll take upper 50's and low 60's for another 3-4 weeks...no issues with that at all.

November avg temps are in the 50s for awhile. It is not a winter month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

November avg temps are in the 50s for awhile. It is not a winter month.

That’s why I’m not entirely sold on a sustained above normal pattern.  It will relax for sure but mid 50s as climo early November would require some pretty warm temperatures for more than a day or 3.  

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That’s why I’m not entirely sold on a sustained above normal pattern.  It will relax for sure but mid 50s as climo early November would require some pretty warm temperatures for more than a day or 3.  

If it's a warm SW flow, it would be combo of day and nights. That wouldn't be hard to do. Nothing that screams 78 and sunny though. 

55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If it's a warm SW flow, it would be combo of day and nights. That wouldn't be hard to do. Nothing that screams 78 and sunny though.

And given the not too high heights and fairly pedestrian 850s, any flow off the water could be AOB.

Looking at some of the guidance it wouldn’t surprise to see windy southeasters with moist 60+ at times.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

And given the not too high heights and fairly pedestrian 850s, any flow off the water could be AOB.

Looking at some of the guidance it wouldn’t surprise to see windy southeasters with moist 60+ at times.

A lot of screamers in past autumns has generally yielded big snow winters. 92-93, 95-96, 11-12

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A lot of screamers in past autumns has generally yielded big snow winters. 92-93, 95-96, 11-12

11-12?  IIRC, that was a mediocre winter that ended abruptly with the March super-torch, and I don't recall anything particularly noteworthy prior to the Octobomb.  Year before/year after might make sense.  95 is the one in which I recall multiple strong wind-rain events in Oct-Nov.  We had to salvage 2,000 cords of blowdown near Jackman because of the 11/12-13 event.

24 minutes ago, tamarack said:

11-12?  IIRC, that was a mediocre winter that ended abruptly with the March super-torch, and I don't recall anything particularly noteworthy prior to the Octobomb.  Year before/year after might make sense.  95 is the one in which I recall multiple strong wind-rain events in Oct-Nov.  We had to salvage 2,000 cords of blowdown near Jackman because of the 11/12-13 event.

When was the big roof collapse winter ? It was that fall