Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coldtober model and pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Damn boy. Not the news I wanted to hear from you post-op. Rest up.

Yea right, with all the MRI technology they have my Dr was blown away at the damage. Even my work life looks unlikely. Lots to comprehend and lots to contemplate. Thanks to all you guys for keeping me laughing.. I may need to hire someone for our 02-03 GGW winter incoming. 

• Sad 1

there it is...

that should almost be the tongue-in-cheek first day of winter; it's when the Euro suddenly thinks it's January 15 and puts a coastal storm out at D9.5 accordingly - the day it does that ...usually about now every year, it's gotta be winter.

And so from now on, about every third run we're going to be dealing with these computer enhanced day-dreams until about March 17th, 2019

14 minutes ago, Modfan said:

Any potential hydro issues with remants of potential Michael next weekend?

To early to tell...  But, it should be noted that we are at surplus with regional hydro - sure.  And that we prooobably don't need some kind of hybrid PRE laying out across the region when/if any would be Mike's remnants ripple through the flow.  Mostly, it's a track related uncertainty -

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We just need some kind of big, damaging windstorm to shake up these doldrums we’ve been in for so long . Let’s hope these looks today work out 

That ridiculous wind storm last October with that like 90kt jet out of the SE sounded fun until we were without power for 3 days because of snapped telephone poles.  You can keep the damaging wind storm ;).

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That ridiculous wind storm last October with that like 90kt jet out of the SE sounded fun until we were without power for 3 days because of snapped telephone poles.  You can keep the damaging wind storm ;).

Yeah...opined this before, I know ... but I feel about the same wrt to icing events...  It can cut off .01 shy of warning criteria accretion, please.

The novelty of "ice-storms" runs out real fast the moment you realize toasting bread must've been a marvel to a cave-man.

• Haha 1

Apprehensive to say buuut.. heh, the PNA does appear in the American cluster like it's trying to flip out there after D7...  There was some semblance of it in priors but it's perhaps a bit more coherent now, which is interesting for trend setting/roots.

It's fine by me...I've grown tired of seeing this same SE ridge ... as though we may get interesting late record heat only to fail to mean anything other than gray days of overrunning here that's been endemic to this -EPO over the last ten days to two weeks.  It's way you don't want -EPO's when the wave lengths are still short but that's a philosophy for another time.

EPO flipping positive with the PNA also doing so...sets up a N/A pattern more conducive to season so ... lets root for this! 

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I like snow when it stays around, Like in mid November.

Even then it's hard to stay around...not too many packs start in mid-November, even in the mountains it can be a challenge. I'll take any snow...if it snowed tomorrow it would be the most interesting thing to happen since the last snow haha.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Even then it's hard to stay around...not too many packs start in mid-November, even in the mountains it can be a challenge. I'll take any snow...if it snowed tomorrow it would be the most interesting thing to happen since the last snow haha.

Seen a few years where it snowed the week of thanksgiving and stuck around heading into December, I like it for hunting season which starts on 10/27 for firearms.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Didn’t you just say in the previous post you hate October snow???  Lol...which is it?  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, J.Spin said:

I can’t figure out what’s going on here - did someone hack your account?

22 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Didn’t you just say in the previous post you hate October snow???  Lol...which is it?  

Sorry it was sarcastic towards dryslot...he's been loving the frosts but doesn't want it to snow, all in jest.  I want it to snow anytime it can...that is more interesting to me than any other weather, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Sorry it was sarcastic towards dryslot...he's been loving the frosts but doesn't want it to snow, all in jest.  I want it to snow anytime it can...that is more interesting to me than any other weather, for whatever reason.

Lol, Don’t know about loving the frost, But would like a hard freeze so I can stop mowing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea right, with all the MRI technology they have my Dr was blown away at the damage. Even my work life looks unlikely. Lots to comprehend and lots to contemplate. Thanks to all you guys for keeping me laughing.. I may need to hire someone for our 02-03 GGW winter incoming. 

Quite the changes, Steve.  Focus on the positive: every 6 hours being able to pour through a new set of model runs.  We expect in-depth assessment and accurate forecasts for each event.!

14 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well we are approaching Oct 29 th

What a beautiful storm that was for Mitch, Pete and myself.  24-30+", powder from start to finish.  I remember I posted soundings for the Pit, and Gynx saying "man, that's showing you snow big time".  We did wait quite a while for the next event that winter--long after that one had melted away.

4 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

College football is so much better to watch than the NFL,  

This.  The NFL blows now.