Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

13 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

He's got at least half of a point. Late August evenings should be hoodies and huddling together with loose acquaintances for warmth around the bonfire, not stripping down as you surrender your body to the AC.

Ehhh, maybe in the Adirondacks or Catskills lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

LOL.   We roasted into October last year-there will be no "cold" with those +++ SST's off the coast.

The good news is the tripol pattern in the Atlantic looks to super charge some nor’easters this winter. I would think the chances of seeing another 1/4/18 type blizzard is pretty high

• Like 2

12 hours ago, psv88 said:

Damn. 85/72 here. With the lower sun angle my station is almost completely in the shade, so its running a bit low. I also cleared a ton of brush away from it this weekend, was like a rain forest. 

Ive been having the same problem..but I still run warmer than central park on a daily basis. I was running almost identical to LGA until the rainy pattern took hold, then I started to split the difference btwn NYC and LGA..but leaning closer to LGA.

3 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

2015-16 winter back in my hometown was basically a redux of those two. We got fringed in the big blizzard and wound up with something like 15" for the season when our normal is 40"+.

15-16 at least had a fair amount of storminess even if mostly rainstorms...01-02 was warm and dry the entire time outside of a cold 10 days in Late January.

The problem with a strong El Nino is that it's often hyped to be this big deal and it verifies warm and generally snowless outside of a couple of cold weeks usually centered around 2/1 give or take.  We lucked out on the coast with the blizzard (got fringed here so to speak as we got 14 inches while places just 40 miles south got 30+)  Outside of that storm it was basically a 3 week winter with snow chances ending around President's day (big cold snap ending with an inch of snow to a driving rainstorm)

12 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The heat index should top 100 degrees later this morning into the afternoon.

Newark/Liberty FAIR      83  75  77 SW6       30.05F HX  90

LaGuardia Arpt FAIR      85  72  65 NW3       30.05S HX  91

Shirley        FAIR      82  78  88 SW6       30.05F FOG     HX  91

6 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Meanwhile I'll take anything that takes this sh*t out back and shoots it. 84/73/92.

87/78/99 here, absolutely roasting, spots on the LIE were 89

3 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Labor Day weekend  Looks ok once to Sunday.  mon (9/3) - next wed (9/5)/thu (9/6) could see some sneaky heat.  Tropics coming to life so could be a fun first 2 weeks of Sep, weather tracking

and even Sat may be dry...looks like some east/northeast winds with a stratus deck...I've seen worse...