Newest Member
    joxey
July 21-23 Hybrid/Coastal Storm

Rtd208

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Snowlover11 said:

surprised yanksfan isnt all over this, after all hes all about heavy rain and flooding.;)

I’m watching, but I haven’t had the time to post much. I also think the bulk of this rain falls in a short period late Saturday night.

• Rjay pinned this topic

Surface low trying to develop near 33N  82W now at 1011mb.    No circulation yet above 850mb.

As an aside, the GFS is not perturbed by clouds and rain since it still calls for 7 or 8 '90 Degree Days' during the remainder of the month.

EURO is 10 degrees lower throughout, otherwise we are going to get some intolerable dew points as the PW stays above average.

Could go either way for most of us between some heavy rain for a 6 hour period, or that heavy rain going well west of us over PA with the surface low over the DE River and us mostly looking for what heavy showers rotate east of the low. As usual with these hybrid type lows the heaviest rain will go west and along the low track, and it makes sense the digging upper low/stronger ridge would make the surface low track trend west. I'm expecting showery type weather here with a period of gusty SE wind, hopefully the heavier rain doesn't focus so fa west. Should be plenty of opportunity for everyone to get soaked over the next few days with instability caused by the upper low.

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

Surprised that no watches were issued further north. 

Models suggesting strong eastern feeder bands could give us inches of rain, I mean just look at satellite imagery. 

The effects should be very tropical storm-esque with tropical rains, gusty winds, and weak, quick spin-ups. 

I'm torn between going down the shore for the early on convention and chance for spin ups and chance of waterspouts or head east for the show later on

28 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Judging by the current radar, it looks like E.PA would be the big winner with this but that was always a possibility. I think we will get our fair share of heavy rain/storms later though.

Most areas in the metro area look to be under an inch on the rgem, a bit more on the gfs and nam. I guess alot of that will depend on how much convection we get. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived