Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, sbos_wx said:

Brand new construction. Strike started right during utility work. 176 Humboldt Ave. 

"If you have natural gas, there are gas-powered air conditioning units that use a no-compressor absorption process. These also heat your house in the winter. Another super-efficient gas central air conditioning and heating unit uses a compressor. With an equivalent SEER of 27, it can cut cooling costs by 75%."

Ah unfinished construction 

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's unfathomable to me.  A dew of 11F when it's 110 out.

71/71 with some low ground fog in the backyard after the brief rains.  It's humid.

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

LOL, that must be like breathing air coming out of a hair dryer.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea its crazy there like walking into a pizza oven. It rained one day I was there ,first time in 6 months. Was a skating rink with accidents and slip and falls.

We left the house to drive up to BTV at 5:00 am and got here around 2:30 local time. Haven’t spent any time outside except to get the rental car. The little bit we did was like a furnace.

Went straight to the hotel, and then my son crashed after we ate. We were planning on hitting the Pinball Hall of Fame this evening but that may be out now. Heading to the Grand Canyon Thursday. 

Let's b**ch about the weather! The next time I see one of those pictures of a huge snowstorm on social media with some kind of asinine remark about how I should be grateful that its 90/75 versus 20/19 with 3"/hr snowfall rates I'm gonna see if ICE can arrange a little deportation for the culprit---let's say to the most mosquito ridden place in Amazonia, preferably with an anaconda or five thrown in.

22 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What the hell you all running to get your electric bills so high?  1,600 SF house here with a 150 amp service.  I've had 3 window ACs running 24/7 to cool 1/2 that area and my bills during these peak months are only $150/mo.  During the Winter my bills are $90/mo.

$90 in winter??? I can dream.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

oil

Electric hot water heater?   It comes off the oil furnace here - hot water baseboard heat.  Our bill runs $47-$61 despite CMP not being the cheapest in the region.  Of course, we're empty-nesters living in a 960 sq.ft. (plus loft) cabin in the woods.  Have not installed the AC but run the fans a lot.  Typical year we burn about 500 gal oil and 4 cords in the Jotul.

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Electric hot water heater?   It comes off the oil furnace here - hot water baseboard heat.  Our bill runs $47-$61 despite CMP not being the cheapest in the region.  Of course, we're empty-nesters living in a 960 sq.ft. (plus loft) cabin in the woods.  Have not installed the AC but run the fans a lot.  Typical year we burn about 500 gal oil and 4 cords in the Jotul.

Oil furnace with hot water baseboard heat here too. I'll look at the difference in our summer/winter billing rates later.

1 minute ago, BrianW said:

Nobody else on here has solar panels? Especially with all the generous state incentives in New England. My Eversource bill is $9.21 every month. My central air has been set to 68 nonstop all summer. 

Screenshot_20180807-095628_Drive.jpg

No way I leasing panels from one of these fly-by-night solar companies.  Secondly, my house has the worst orientation for panels so I would not reap the best benefits if I put one in.