• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Thermals always look like dookie on the GFS.   From what I've learned form mets, NAMs are usually better..but with this winter, this the case where the GFS warmth will win.

Gfs is pretty good in general. Except for Psu and Ji, we should all be pretty satisfied with what it shows through hr72. 

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

That vort came through with some qpf heat. Curious what the qpf output for wave 1 is.

It's pretty good dude. Just over 1" in 12 hours for you and me. We can Deb out on the mids and stuff but I'm totally good with the run. These kinds of march deals can pack a bunch of juice. Mid Jan would be a half inch qpf tops. Late March is a whole nuther game 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's pretty good dude. Just over 1" in 12 hours for your and me. We can Deb out on the mids and stuff but I'm totally good with the run. These kinds of march deals can pack a bunch of juice. Mid Jan would be a half inch qpf tops. Late March is a whole nuther game 

What are your thoughts on wave 2? (And the overall H5 look) Still room to trend better, or might it get squashed? 

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

What are your thoughts on wave 2? (And the overall H5 look) Still room to trend better, or might it get squashed? 

Just my gut and experience...

Without a phase with wave 1 there isn't much upside. They are awfully close together. If they don't work together (which looks to be the case right now) then wave 2 won't do much in general. Go back through time and think about tightly spaced discrete events that produce big. Feb 2010 doesn't count because this is no Feb 2010. Not even close. The atmosphere needs to recover before dumping a second time. I dont see that kind of opportunity. Just a gut call though. No writing off anything. 

Just now, psurulz said:

Bob, how close are we to wave 2 coming together and giving us some serious snow?  GFS looked close to me, but I'm not as experienced as some others on the board.

It was pretty close to dropping precip over our area. See my previous post for my gut call on the upside. Wave 1 is clearly the big show.....for now

19 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Throw in it’s warm bias with thermals and that’s a good look for us. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

CMC is nice with both waves. 

ICON is not so good with either. Thank god it is a worthless model.

Euro/gfs combo all the way at 72 hours. Then the mesos inside of 48 to add value. I know you know this. We'd probably be better off if the gfs and euro were the only 2 globals. They do excellent in the d3 range in general. 

I'm almost positive the euro comes north some with the stripe and I'll blatantly hug the euro qpf totals from here on out too. 

Archived