• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

17 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Just my gut and experience...

Without a phase with wave 1 there isn't much upside. They are awfully close together. If they don't work together (which looks to be the case right now) then wave 2 won't do much in general. Go back through time and think about tightly spaced discrete events that produce big. Feb 2010 doesn't count because this is no Feb 2010. Not even close. The atmosphere needs to recover before dumping a second time. I dont see that kind of opportunity. Just a gut call though. No writing off anything. 

I see...so there's not a scenario where wave 2 could slow down enough to let the atmosphere "recover" and let it produce afterward? (Was that the 2 wave idea that the models were showing a few days ago? Or was even that setup dependent on a phase?)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

I see...so there's not a scenario where wave 2 could slow down enough to let the atmosphere "recover" and let it produce afterward? (Was that the 2 wave idea that the models were showing a few days ago? Or was even that setup dependent on a phase?)

No, wave 1 and wave 2 were working together.

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Sure, there's a scenario for that. Give it at least another 24 hours before worrying one way or the other. Wave 1 needs to be locked in before getting confident on wave 2. Even without a phase wave 1 will impact the fate of wave 2. However, wave 2 isn't nearly as attractive as a few days ago. That's pretty obvious. 

6 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

Literally the most important euro run of the winter.

Not really. Even if its identical to last night the range of possibilities are the same. The really important runs are still 24+ hours away. Even if the Euro shifts south I wont feel any different yet. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Not really. Even if its identical to last night the range of possibilities are the same. The really important runs are still 24+ hours away. Even if the Euro shifts south I wont feel any different yet. 

Remember when ya said "WHEN the EURO shifts north"? I'm holdin' ya to that, buddy!! :lol:

CMC looks good for N and W folks.   Definitely a step back for others.  I think this is starting to gel into a classic March N and W event.  Can't be mad at climatology.  Not being a deb this time, just stating the obvious.  Most of us are going to need a lot of help with this one.   Second wave looks good for about an inch in the cities.   So realistically, I'd say our upside is about 4" total...which would double our snowfall for the year.  

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

CMC looks good for N and W folks.   Definitely a step back for others.  I think this is starting to gel into a classic March N and W event.  Can't be mad at climatology.  Not being a deb this time, just stating the obvious.  Most of us are going to need a lot of help with this one.   Second wave looks good for about an inch in the cities.   So realistically, I'd say our upside is about 4" total...which would double our snowfall for the year.  

Identical thoughts. Yea, there's a way for urban and close burbs to be pleasantly surprised but reserving that enthusiasm for if/when it is happening in real time is good practice. I'm enjoying the hunt either way. Short range is around the corner too 

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

if you run the loop can see the vort pass.  closes off right under us.  i'm assuming we would want to lock that it in asap.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=z500_vort&runtime=2018031712&fh=72

based on entire loop - there's multiple more hits in store for the MA after Tu/Wed right on though 02 April...  Going to be a potentially captivating couple of weeks.

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Identical thoughts. Yea, there's a way for urban and close burbs to be pleasantly surprised but reserving that enthusiasm for if/when it is happening in real time is good practice. I'm enjoying the hunt either way. Short range is around the corner too 

temps around 40 at onset, so we'll need those rates.  it does have that N&W of cities feel.  hoping wave 2 can also perform.  would be a fun 1-2 way to head into spring.

Archived