• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

Well ... the Euro should be rollin' on in here soon.  Hopefully shed some confidence light on matters. 

That 03 KM NAM that folks seem to have a lot of fun with, it actually came signficantly east of the previous cycles. The system it is managing, however, is so ginormous it doesn't seem to really change the QPF layout; in part that may also be that the system it contains is also stronger on this cycle...  965 range as opposed 973 .. etc.  Also, the center jumping may be related to convective distribution out there at sea - I don't have a lot of experience with this model but I can assure folks, lows that deep don't jump around by some 100 naut miles every 2 hours... So, mmm... I can already see one reason why this sort of tool is probably more for amusement and/or the imagination in general ... at least as far as its handling on THIS event.

Now that the after glow of the 12z meso's is passe... the Euro may tick some NW and help expand the upper ranged concerns to perhaps the ORH Hills up through more of NH/eastern ME. One thing I have noticed over the past two days... whenever the meso's went back west, the Euro's ensuing run came in more aggressive.  Not sure why that is...but that pattern of behavior suggests this run has a fair chance at doing the same based upon that pattern alone.