Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob
Rtd208

March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

3 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here in Whitestone, had some bouts of moderate snow for about an hour.  Now it's just some like snizzle, a coating on grassy surfaces and cartops.  Jealous of you guys who had thundersnow.

I think we're getting subsidence east of that band, it's only light snow here, but at least it didn't change back to rain.

It would be funny if we had a March version of 2/06

34 degrees with moderate snow here.  Down from 39 degrees, but still above the 33 from overnight.   Everything is covered, maybe 1".  Snow is finer in appearance now,  compared to grainy stuff before.   Enjoy.

down

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

I think we're getting subsistence east of that band, it's only light snow here, but at least it didn't change back to rain.

I think so too. It's odd seeing snow on some streets in Manhattan and nothing here in Northeast Queens and no thunder here while there's been thunder everywhere else in the boroughs.  I'm sure we'll get ours soon enough.

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

I think so too. It's odd seeing snow on some streets in Manhattan and nothing here in Northeast Queens and no thunder here while there's been thunder everywhere else in the boroughs.  I'm sure we'll get ours soon enough.

System really hasn’t matured fully yet.  I think we may see more massive totals in parts of western LI than anyone is expecting

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

I think ours will be the stuff coming up from the Jersey Shore.  Even with these lower rates I'm seeing it accumulate a bit on grass and car tops so hopefully it will pile up quickly once the rates increase.

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

System really hasn’t matured fully yet.  I think we may see more massive totals in parts of western LI than anyone is expecting

like 12/02?

My Facebook feed blew up with reports of thunder snow from Bordentown to New Brunswick all within a 10 minute window. I am sitting in Manasquan wishing I was home in Hamilton to witness it.

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

Yeah but I want my thundersnow NOW. ;)

On the bright side, with the extra lead time you can get your camera ready to record it ;-)

3 minutes ago, Paragon said:

On the bright side, with the extra lead time you can get your camera ready to record it ;-)

I'm taking the pooch out in about an hour so I fully expect the thundersnow to commence then, the snow gods owe me.  As I wait, it continues to pour snizzle.

3 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Looks like a potential lull behind this band east of the Hudson coming up. Let's see if it can fill in before it passes over. 

Beautiful and coming down really well in Rockland County currently. Flakes are enormous (IMO). Haven't had thundersnow that I've witnessed yet, though :-(c40ae4447e21091cf18eb94d5fdd798c.jpg20278ac2b032b5247835cfd0d24ee535.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2