Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m not quite sure what people look for around here. Peer reviewed posts from mets and old timers about the Zeroth law of thermodynamics every time the NAM runs?

You’re going to have redundancy and amateur hour when you have amateurs comment on something as complicated as wx. Mods do their best to cut the real crap (I should be a mod btw :P).

We fight the same battles every single time and we don’t even have a real solution to what grinds everyone’s gears.

I don't know... It sometimes rubs me the wrong way... when a storm mode threat is started... and certain people ask to keep it clean, to only have the same people ask for IMBY forecasts.

2 minutes ago, T. August said:

I’m not being sarcastic, I really hope psu-mappyland gets a solid storm. Their seasonal totals are too close to mine. That should never happen. I’m pulling for an 8-10” solid deal up there.

hoping for 5.2” here.

I have a feeling they're gonna get dumped on.

For me, I hope I top 3.6" in this event. May be a tall order, but that would bring me to double digits

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Folks are going to lose their **** when LWX goes with WWAs for the area.

Yea, the whole "forecasting LWX advisory" things always baffles me. If you've spent any amount of time reading (and learning) from this sub, you can do really well with your yard and never even read a single thing from LWX. I'm not knocking LWX at all. They prepare for MILLIONS of people. But wrangling over warnings/advisories is just absolutely silly in my mind. 

With that being said, LWX does a damn good job like 90% of the time. And they should...they are all very experienced and highly educated. We're just a bunch of weenies. There's a big difference. lol

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

My call for Leesburg is an inch of sleet followed by 3" of snow. We get stuck in some sore of subsidence hole. Still a fine storm all total

The biggest thing I think is likely with this is the "hot and heavy" mega-precip never really shows up and it just sort of snizzles for a long, long time. There will be talk of RAP/HRRR showing a "possible band" and pivot that never really materializes.  A lot of these storms that require copious precipitation to work out seem to bust.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

The biggest thing I think is likely with this is the "hot and heavy" mega-precip never really shows up and it just sort of snizzles for a long, long time. There will be talk of RAP/HRRR showing a "possible band" and pivot that never really materializes.  A lot of these storms that require copious precipitation to work out seem to bust.

what also is typical is that they come in sooner than modeled and also end quicker. This will probably not be a 30 hour storm if I were a betting man

Just once I want to be surprised in a good way when it comes to accumulations.  I see it all the time in other locations, like down in Norfolk or Richmond last storm.  Just once I want to report in on Tuesday night with "We've already got 5", and they were only calling for a sloppy inch!".  It's always the opposite.  

Worst things to read on this board:

1. My point and click still says......

2. Looks like Boston gets blitzed again while we get screwed again

3. I really hope psu-mappyland gets shellacked

4. When are we getting a watch or warning?

5. Models are having a hard time handling the complicated details.

6. Wow. I should just stay at the Beach in Delaware for this one.

7. Any reference to stick-ability at any point, any time.

So many more...

Just now, Stormpc said:

So many more...

Dude the **** you here for then?

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

So many more...

Yeah, discussing weather on a forum for discussing weather really chaps my hide too.

2 minutes ago, T. August said:

Congrats State College?

I often wonder if it is simply bad analysis or if he is trolling or if he has this desire to be the first to point out some strange odd anomaly that nobody else has noticed or picked up on so he can chest thump later. Odd fellow for many years now in obs threads

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

I often wonder if it is simply bad analysis or if he is trolling or if he has this desire to be the first to point out some strange odd anomaly that nobody else has noticed or picked up on so he can chest thump later. Odd fellow for many years now in obs threads

It is weird. Like he isn’t not knowledgeable. I know he knows weather.

2 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Yeah, discussing weather on a forum for discussing weather really chaps my hide too.

Didn't mean for it to sound curmudgeon. It's just the same stuff all the time by the same 12 people or so. While the majority of the folks provide good enough analysis. Regardless it's still a great place to be most of the time.

7 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Didn't mean for it to sound curmudgeon. It's just the same stuff all the time by the same 12 people or so. While the majority of the folks provide good enough analysis. Regardless it's still a great place to be most of the time.

you are free to log out and not log back on. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived