Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is like claiming we should all 100% rely on weather.com for our forecasts.

It's way too much fun to do the real work ourselves. Let the normies rely on machines to tell them how to live life.

Love manuals. My wife won't own an automatic.  Low maintenance and engaging driving experience. There will always be a stick car in my garage until my legs and arms don't work anymore. I get why they are a dying breed. Automation is taking over. I've had a few cycles in my years too. There's nothing like the hand clutch and throttle of a cycle. You really do become one with the machine. Yep, I'm old school and proud as F about it.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Very wise points. I think one of the things I work at very hard is keeping perspective. One of the few inevitable things in life is change, and most of that change tends to be unexpected, at least for me. There are more ups and downs than we can count. Just a few months ago I was in a dip, now I feel like I'm rising again. That won't last forever. 

I was actually talking to my gf a week or so ago about how we should diversify income streams. She thinks I should buy property and rent it out, but I don't think I'm ready for that. I still have a lot of student loan debt and I'm not sure about traditional income given the leap I'm about to take. I think savings and investment are the way to go right now. I could be much better at it but I've done ok so far. Like you said, it has to become a habit. I like the idea of having a year of savings. I should aim for at least that much. 

Weather will get wilder and much much more intense, Chill has got one hell of a valid point.

One tree thru your house can be absolutely life-changing, or life ending, for that matter.

Weather will not ease up. It will get worse and worse and worse. There is a ton of feedback associated with climate change, and with some other factors I will not mention. It's REAL and it is rapidly worsening. Keep an eye out for sudden unforecast storms, or sudden strengthening.

This is like claiming we should all 100% rely on weather.com for our forecasts. It's way too much fun to do the real work ourselves.

No it's like accepting that automatic shifting is superior when regularly driving in rush hour traffic.

Dw I'm not knocking your preference

Just accept that it's only going to become more niche as time progresses

Technically you can't say you're not a glass half empty guy and that you won't act like a 4 yr old if every post you make is glass half empty and you stomping your feet like a 4 yr old. Maybe it's just me who's reading it that way but man....

31 minutes ago, WhiteoutMD said:

I saw a 10 min snow shower yesterday that might be more than I see next week

Probably not.

Its fun to go through all the possible "options" but whatever happens, happens. I am having fun tracking it, and if my yard gets screwed it wont change my opinion of this winter. I chased a blizzard at the beach and I had 5" of snow on the ground for a week with the arctic air in Jan, so I got to enjoy my outdoor fun- snow hikes etc.  I am really only interested in seeing a heavy paste job now, because in mid March its all about the snow falling- once it ends, its gone.

8 minutes ago, Jandurin said:
20 minutes ago, H2O said:
For someone who said they were going to make better posts I’m still waiting for that to happen. Storm mode might kill the storm but I could hide more stuff and not feel as bad

I don't think you need to feel bad

I feel a smidge guilty for all my Dover posts

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived