Newest Member
    joxey
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

All guidance is actually doing something similar. As the first shortwave goes through the meat grinder, the trailing wave pops another low on the leftover baroclinic zone.

As fond as we are of days and days of snow, I'm going to guess that eventually the models pick on (not both) of the waves to focus on.

We had a similar 2 storm period in 1 March . can't remember when it was, everyone kept saying it was impossible then boom a 2 fer

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

All guidance is actually doing something similar. As the first shortwave goes through the meat grinder, the trailing wave pops another low on the leftover baroclinic zone.

As fond as we are of days and days of snow, I'm going to guess that eventually the models pick on (not both) of the waves to focus on.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We had a similar 2 storm period in 1 March . can't remember when it was, everyone kept saying it was impossible then boom a 2 fer

I'll usually put my money on it not happening.

They do happen but are relatively rare.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS is south too.  But I kind of like seeing it there at the moment. 

Yeah and there's a lot of southern stream juice that is pushing in right on the heels of the first shortwave....so this thing is going to have some momentum to go north at some point I think.

16 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

My inside intel says this will be a rainer for me, so I will bow out of the conversation for this storm.

Been pretty happy with the March, and am ready to move on to Spring. 

God, you've been in and out of the conversation more times than I can count since the first Rainer Nor'Easter two weeks ago...lol, make sure when this comes roaring back, you stay Bowed out this time.

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

whats wrong?

A round 50” over 3 days of pure fluff ratios, despite wet snow in the comments, where the pack never compacted. A few days later with just 40s for highs the pack was down to single digits. idk...doesn’t pass the smell test at first glance. I’m sure they got a lot of snow, but 40”? 50”?

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

A round 50” over 3 days of pure fluff ratios, despite wet snow in the comments, where the pack never compacted. A few days later with just 40s for highs the pack was down to single digits. idk...doesn’t pass the smell test at first glance. I’m sure they got a lot of snow, but 40”? 50”?

Yea IDK with all the 40 plus reports, Grandfather Ray at the COOP? Needless to say that was a devastating wet snow storm for millions

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

God, you've been in and out of the conversation more times than I can count since the first Rainer Nor'Easter two weeks ago...lol, make sure when this comes roaring back, you stay Bowed out this time.

garth downplayed the last two events to a 30 inch two storm total, he measure when he got home and still had 19 after a days worth of compaction, easy 2 footer in his hood

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

garth downplayed the last two events to a 30 inch two storm total, he measure when he got home and still had 19 after a days worth of compaction, easy 2 footer in his hood

Ya

He was in the deform band for hrs and hrs

Where could i grab a link for the radar loop of this storm

Archived