Newest Member
    joxey
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Anyone else noticing that there seems to be an inordinate degree of hype about this next system? I've seen several articles/heard things on various news outlets about a big storm. Seems weird considering the guidance is vacillating.

Living in the hype era where bomb cyclones destroy everything in its path. Have to warn the public immediately.

Had our weekly meeting this a.m. The guys who make decisions and look to the future with regard to snow events (for the sake of road clearing planning, etc).  First thing one of the supervisor's said was that the American model is on it's own with this system and that the European and others were not on board (The tone suggesting Euro as king).  I have not looked at anything, and quite frankly I should probably take advantage of any subscriptions we have, but it is interesting how highly the Euro is looked upon vs. the others even in this sector.   

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

Had our weekly meeting this a.m. The guys who make decisions and look to the future with regard to snow events (for the sake of road clearing planning, etc).  First thing one of the supervisor's said was that the American model is on it's own with this system and that the European and others were not on board (The tone suggesting Euro as king).  I have not looked at anything, and quite frankly I should probably take advantage of any subscriptions we have, but it is interesting how highly the Euro is looked upon vs. the others even in this sector.   

You have model subscriptions you can access for free?

Please give Tip your logins.

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Anyone else noticing that there seems to be an inordinate degree of hype about this next system? I've seen several articles/heard things on various news outlets about a big storm. Seems weird considering the guidance is vacillating.

A lot of that is because this would be 3 in a row(Nor'Easters that is) to hit New England in a week in a half.....I think that's why this is getting a lot of attention.

Also with regards to the Euro and GFS....which model solution right now fits the pattern/set up best??  It's a pretty decent set up for a system of significance...so one could see why the GFS(at least up to 0z)could make sense.   Maybe that's why DT tossed the Euro at this stage/point.  GFS sniffed this last one out first..then the Euro jumped on board and eventually schooled it close in when the GFS as it always does, craps on itself.

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

There seems to me a lot of timing issues ang what wave wants to become the storm.  See if 12z sheds any light on this.

Lot of moving parts once again, We should start to sort it out going forward for the bad or good or however some look at it.

58 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

You have model subscriptions you can access for free?

Please give Tip your logins.

I am not sure how to access it. I don't need to use it for the work  do so I haven't  asked about it.  Weather is integral to others that work here.  We have a roof top Davis weather station as well as 3 monitors for it.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

As much as I don't want it, this one is coming. There's a few potent s/w's in there though. The more that lead northern s/w digs the more the system should hug. Right now it's more of a kick than a slingshot.

The solution's that we have seen that have been closer have had some interaction with the norther s/w and then a late phase in the Maritimes, We get this further south and phased sooner and we are looking at the same type of system as the last two days.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The solution's that we have seen that have been closer have had some interaction with the norther s/w and then a late phase in the Maritimes, We get this further south and phased sooner and we are looking at the same type of system as the last two days.

They can either phase and come up against the block or they can get squished out under. It's a fine tipping point. If it is really coming, they will all get with the program and jump on board quickly.

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Happens every year, news people are tools for the most part 

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

As much as I don't want it, this one is coming. There's a few potent s/w's in there though. The more that lead northern s/w digs the more the system should hug. Right now it's more of a kick than a slingshot.

So do you think that the models will continue to correct with the orientation of the s/w's to even get the NYC area back in the game.... I came over here because you guys are EXTREMELY knowledgeable!

7 minutes ago, Logan11 said:

They can either phase and come up against the block or they can get squished out under. It's a fine tipping point. If it is really coming, they will all get with the program and jump on board quickly.

Yeah I'm not feeling this one as strongly as the last one at this range...there's a pretty tight window as the trough is pretty far east. It would be nice if the lead s/w dug about 200 miles west of where it's currently being progged.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm not feeling this one as strongly as the last one at this range...there's a pretty tight window as the trough is pretty far east. It would be nice if the lead s/w dug about 200 miles west of where it's currently being progged.

Ridge keeps building out west each run . Block forces it closer in . Juicy setup. Will be very difficult to miss 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ridge keeps building out west each run . Block forces it closer in . Juicy setup. Will be very difficult to miss 

We shall see...trending the ridge higher would definitely help. Just wish we had a little more room....that said, this can still sneak in as a big system if things go right.

Archived