• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I should qualify why I've been saying a whiff because quite honestly when I look at the models I'm basing what I'm seeing on what's generally going to fall in my backyard. For a while it was looking pretty good for Lowell, and even getting some love up north. But this is a Mass Pike south storm and even then, not more than a few inches. I might get a few flurries up north, and 2" in Lowell, but that's a whiff in my playbook. 

On the otherhand, that's a very aggressive map out of BOX. I hope I'm wrong, but enjoy it while it lasts. Bikini's and banana hammocks next week.

This is the phase of the threat where everyone will cancel/downgrade...Euro will come south a bit and then everyone will proclaim the GFS nailed it.

Then we see the 24h northward tick tonight/tomorrow morning....nowcast ticks north again, and then everyone is "surprised" at how much snow fell. Sound about right?

Alrighty then, lets do this.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

This is the phase of the threat where everyone will cancel/downgrade...Euro will come south a bit and then everyone will proclaim the GFS nailed it.

Then we see the 24h northward tick tonight/tomorrow morning....nowcast ticks north again, and then everyone is "surprised" at how much snow fell. Sound about right?

We shall see.  Models have been converging on a middle ground with this.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nailed it, This time and time again.

40 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No that's wrong.  It usually starts pushing well northwest at this point and everyone on the coast cancels it as it'll rain ;) ...only to see the final 24 hours tick SE and every single HRRR and RAP run in nowcast keeps going further east.  The late and great Messenger routine of see pressures are developing further off-shore down in the Carolinas! 

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

More credible but prone to over-amplification as we have seen countless times this year and in years prior.

Yeah the Euro has been terrible at over amping.  I'm owed snow because of it, ha.  Like last night the Euro had 0.2" QPF all the way up here, lol.  Not happening James.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah the Euro has been terrible at over amping.  I'm owed snow because of it, ha.  Like last night the Euro had 0.2" QPF all the way up here, lol.  Not happening James.

That’s  what I mean. Just have to weigh it accordingly.  Anyways the mid levels will keep the queens in check with this one. 

Just now, dryslot said:

Yeah, I don't think its the case with this one, Its usually down south and SW where it gets amp happy.

The Euro may have had a minor upgrade at some point in the past 6 months.  I can’t find anything on it but after the major upgrade it had alittle over a year ago it had problems being too flat and south with many storms and I’ve seen that be less of an issue since the summer 

Archived