• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday the 18th ... storm idea/early thoughts...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... Euro def cut back some... not surprising.

Still should be a decent event for some... but nothing that won’t be gone in a day.

I like my original call. 1-3” for most of SNE... max zone in eastern conn over to se mass of 3-5”.... Someone has an outside shot at 6” if things break right.

I think it will be a nice little event....especially for those with reasonable expectations.

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Steve, your map goes to 84 hours...there's QPF between 78-84 hours that is rain. That's where your difference is coming from.

Ah thanks I will take the 6 plus with ratios the Euro gives. The type of setup where ECT hills does well. ESE winds in Feb under a cold dome are productive here

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Yea, not surprised. This has an inside 24 hr bump up in numbers written all over it. I'm on board with what Will was poking fun at earlier...

The 12z ARW's look robust as well...

When don't the ARWs look robust?

I agree with you though...this has positive bust potential written all over it.  I can see Tblizz posting something like..."wow, up to 7" now and still coming down!"

5 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Many are expecting SE MA and the Cape to have p-type issues/significantly worse ratios. I don't think that's the case here - and pretty big risk considering this storm really ramps up as it passes the BM.

This looks like the best event for SE MA this season, ironically... 

Maybe down by the canal. Interior SE Mass has done well. 20” during the blizzard

Archived