joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup... and it's sort an opposite concern that led the blizzard... This time, the hydrostatic models are seeing this potential more so than the non-hydros ... maybe. Although the RGEM seems to refute that.

Course, then you gotta consider physical parameterization, too ... ugh

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I hope some people stay off the roads Wednesday AM....This is going to be a nightmare...don't need 2' for that. TBH, I think grid lock events are more common in untimely midling systems of this ilk, that don't come with a ton of fanfare. 

If ‘some’ stay off the roads that leaves ‘many’ on them. This won’t be good in CT where our traffic flow is suspect to begin with, as it is. 

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I hope some people stay off the roads Wednesday AM....This is going to be a nightmare...don't need 2' for that. TBH, I think grid lock events are more common in untimely midling systems of this ilk, that don't come with a ton of fanfare. 

Gotta go. Work at a hospital... hopefully it won’t be too bad early in the AM... I leave around 6ish

38 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Agree.

Watch for a mini 12-13-07 traffic debacle Wed AM if folks dont use their heads. This is going to catch some off guard.

Was that the one when people were saying it took them 8 hours to go Hartford to Springfield?  It started pounding late morning IIRC......I made it to work but then left around 2 or 3 and had to get my daughter from daycare that day....she was 6 months at the time.....then it was a relatively painless journey home on the back roads of all things......I think 84 and 91 were totally fooked though....

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah it snows well into the afternoon, but with it starting all areas of SNE Tuesday evening/night, most will stay home Wed

Yea not seeing a 12 13 07 debacle as everyone was already at work and school. There will be tons of cancellations.  Thinking 4 to 8 for Ct with a 10 lolly in NW CT

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea not seeing a 12 13 07 debacle as everyone was already at work and school. There will be tons of cancellations.  Thinking 4 to 8 for Ct with a 10 lolly in NW CT

If there are enough cancellaions, sure...but I think some may not see huge totals and operate business as usual.

Archived