Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m not trying to pee in the Cheerios of you weenies, but this has mixed bag written all over it. Indefinitely think this needs to be stated so some aren’t convinced 2015 is coming. We have seen this many times before. It doesn’t mean a fail, but better to be educated.

Thank you oh great one :weenie:

46 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

500 h across the globe is meh when dealing with sensible weather locally.  Ex Scooters EPS cutter now a Fropa on all models but 5H probably better handled on the Euro in the Northern Hemisphere.  

Yeah, but we wouldn't really know how the good the french is with weather in certain spots because it isn't readily available or used around here, nor is it available easily online. 

52 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I personally think there is a lot of confirmation bias at play when it comes to those model discussions of which models suck and which ones don't for specific regions. 

This is probably true. Though I'm pretty convinced about the GFS on huge coastal storms. It's amazing how many times it is too flat with them and it seems to be persistent over multiple model upgrades. It would be cool if we could get model scores in the cold season by region 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is probably true. Though I'm pretty convinced about the GFS on huge coastal storms. It's amazing how many times it is too flat with them and it seems to be persistent over multiple model upgrades. It would be cool if we could get model scores in the cold season by region 

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced of that one too. 

32 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Warned about what, you can't read can you. I said we play with fire.  I suppose I should go to the Scooter school of forecasting and hedge everything, never wrong that way

Because we go through this every year. Weenies getting upset things aren’t coming as scheduled because of polluted posts like Kevin’s about changes coming by exact dates or sooner rather than later. This may not be an abrupt slip into deep winter with no respite. We may yo yo for a bit too. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Because we go through this every year. Weenies getting upset things aren’t coming as scheduled because of polluted posts like Kevin’s about changes coming by exact dates or sooner rather than later. This may not be an abrupt slip into deep winter with no respite. We may yo yo for a bit too. 

Agree but I will take my chances versus the Alt. Monday Tues first up

51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

To be fair, this should probably be more directed at one person. Everyone else seems pretty level headed.

Could win could lose... more than likely it’ll even some of both. Just how it goes.

A couple scraper solutions from the GGEM/GFS so far tonight...NAM looked better at 84h and ready for something a bit bigger...but we know how that works.

Hopefully Euro comes a bit closer...don't wanna play ourselves out of the threat before this comes onshore in the PAC NW.

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A couple scraper solutions from the GGEM/GFS so far tonight...NAM looked better at 84h and ready for something a bit bigger...but we know how that works.

Hopefully Euro comes a bit closer...don't wanna play ourselves out of the threat before this comes onshore in the PAC NW.

Not feeling it.

Archived