• Member Statistics

    16,067
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    FirstinWeather
    Newest Member
    FirstinWeather
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
buckeyefan1

Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ILMEngineer said:

Wow! I'm north of Monkey Junction Area by Wade Park.  ALL sleet. 

IMG_4210.PNG

I've seen snow, (while Commericl fishing), pouring snow on Blad Head island,, yet raining like crazy across the river  in SouthPort.. Or Lockwood Folly River, yet, nothing on either side with-in 500 yards of the river.. Really.. there's Weird, (not really) Micro climates of sorts all around  the Cape Fear Region.. 

Obs..

Moderate SN, went from big fat fluffy flakes to finer snow flakes..

32 f

DP of 26

winds N/A

Official Snow depth is .09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Ha!  You've got more snow on the road than in the grass.  That's backwards of how it usually works in our parts.  Congrats!

I love storms like that.

Man, I miss living somewhere where it snows. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen obs from NW Raleigh, Durham, SW Wake, obviously east of Raleigh, Garner, Roxboro...but here in north Raleigh, not a single flake. I am the snow hole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Anyone in Sanford/Lee County with obs?  Have some friends who live there. Wondering how they made out. 

Wife and I drove to Ihop in Spring Lake for BOGO dinner @ 6pm. It was snowing lightly when we went inside. Came out an hour later and it was a mini-blizzard. Hwy 87 is just a near whiteout. Traffic was a mess. 2" and still falling here @ home S.Lee/Harnett border. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

What’s PGV looking like? Surprised they’re not into snow if ILM is.

West of town has flipped, still light, east of town is still mixing.  Hard to see us getting more than a couple inches based on radar, hope I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SENC said:

I've seen snow, (while Commericl fishing), pouring snow on Blad Head island,, yet raining like crazy across the river  in SouthPort.. Or Lockwood Folly River, yet, nothing on either side with-in 500 yards of the river.. Really.. there's Weird, (not really) Micro climates of sorts all around  the Cape Fear Region.. 

Obs..

Moderate SN, went from big fat fluffy flakes to finer snow flakes..

32 f

DP of 26

winds N/A

Official Snow depth is .09

About an inch here of sleet and snow. So, looks to be a fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

About an inch here of sleet and snow. So, looks to be a fail. 

Well...cup is half full...at least we still have power (tho I probably just jinxed us all, hahaha)

Sleet really loud against the front of the house.  My 10 year old said it sounds like someone is typing on a keyboard really loudly. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cars are already almost covered near RDU. It hasn’t even really been snowing. I’ve never seen it cover so easily.

Biggest observation: the wind is really whipping.

Just increased intensity as I’m typing.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t believe Myrtle beach busted.  We were always suppose to start mixed but transition to snow and was Mets said we were in a great spot.  Busted with just some sleet.  Oh well, that just means our 1 inch every five years is still on the table lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Solak said:

Radar animation is kinda strange. The band over central Johnston Co. appears to be being fed from the North AND the South.

Yeah, and I'm in Smithfield. We went from nothing to everything white in about 30 minutes (once the hole closed).  Noticing yellows in this band south towards Clinton... Is that sleet or possible convection?  Anyone down that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OpAck said:

Well...cup is half full...at least we still have power (tho I probably just jinxed us all, hahaha)

Sleet really loud against the front of the house.  My 10 year old said it sounds like someone is typing on a keyboard really loudly. lol

Oh man.. 5 miles from your house,, it's snowing  like.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last of my video blocks for the epic snowstorm around the Charleston SC region.  

7" tally here.  KCHS officially 5.3" (daily record smashed...previous was a trace in 2002).  I believe January all time 24 hour record, and broke the previous monthly total of 1.9" record along with being the 3rd greatest daily snowfall record of all time, only behind Dec 23th, 1989 (6.0") and Feb 10th, 1973 (5.4").

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking in from the West coast, haven't been on here since I lived in Myrtle Beach (its been 5 years)  My password still worked. :)  Anyway I'm hearing Horry County (or at least most of it) got warm nosed and dry slotted?  oof

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lookingnorth said:

Got about an inch here in Chapel Hill but it looks like it will stop soon.

I'm sitting in an area of slightly weaker returns just S of the Chatham Co. line and west of 15-501. It's still coming down at a pretty good rate. We've had about 1/4" here just in the past 20 minutes or so. 

In any case, I'd gladly take what we've got on the ground already down here and run with it, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow continues in south Durham. I'd estimate about an inch. Grass is beginning to turn white. Radar shows slightly less strong returns, but we still may have a good hour to hour and a half left, which could get us up to the new forecast totals of 2-3".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Norwegian Cyclone said:

I'm sitting in an area of slightly weaker returns just S of the Chatham Co. line and west of 15-501. It's still coming down at a pretty good rate. We've had about 1/4" here just in the past 20 minutes or so. 

In any case, I'd gladly take what we've got on the ground already down here and run with it, haha.

Yeah, I'd say all of this is bonus snow. I was expecting maybe some flurries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.