Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4th 2018 Fish Bomb

Rjay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

This will bust inland, especially just north and west of me...where this inland band that always appears is set up

Indeed, I'm just west of SI, and the few radar I've looked at shows the bands getting to about the mouth of Raritan bay and just kinds stopping. I don't think we see 6 here. Been snowing for hours and I am not up to an inch yet. It's quite obvious the bands aren't making here, but they are getting them in Queens and Brooklyn. Just to the west of me may struggle to get 4.

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

This will bust inland, especially just north and west of me...where this inland band that always appears is set up

We’ll see, I know last night a lot of people were commenting that the SLP was well NW of where it was supposed to be, is that still the case?

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Indeed, I'm just west of SI, and the few radar I've looked at shows the bands getting to about the mouth of Raritan bay and just kinds stopping. I don't think we see 6 here. Been snowing for hours and I am not up to an inch yet. It's quite obvious the bands aren't making here, but they are getting them in Queens and Brooklyn. Just to the west of me may struggle to get 4.

I think he meant the model will bust but I'm not sure. I think 2 -4 will do for western areas that don't get into the banding. Hell that might even be us, lol

9 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

Seems like another NAM coup, though this time the 3k did (before that bad run last night anyway) the best. The globals weren’t even close.

For days the GGEM was the only global model consistently showing the entire area getting a snowstorm. People don't give the GGEM enough credit. It is much improved.

Archived