Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter String

George BM

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Haha, the Vikes definitely had our number earlier this year, but we both have veeery different teams now. I like our chances, I really do. I'll take Brees 12 playoff games and experience over Keenum's 0.

I love the fact that Saints players, coaches and fans are quite cocky.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Haha, the Vikes definitely had our number earlier this year, but we both have veeery different teams now. I like our chances, I really do. I'll take Brees 12 playoff games and experience over Keenum's 0.

I agree with you. Showed last year with Dak and the Cowboys. Would be pretty crazy to see Vikings play in the Super Bowl basically with home field advantage at their home turf though. NFC much better than crappy AFC matchups we've gotten and are gonna get

4 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I agree with you. Showed last year with Dak and the Cowboys. Would be pretty crazy to see Vikings play in the Super Bowl basically with home field advantage at their home turf though. NFC much better than crappy AFC matchups we've gotten and are gonna get

I mean, I'd love for the Saints to win the Superbowl as the home team in the Vikings stadium.

But seriously, we saw a good example of what playoff inexperience can do to a pretty good Rams QB and team. The game just moves differently in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Umm you won a super bowl a few years ago. You are older than 8 aren't you? LOL

That's what I'm saying. We earned our right to be a bit cocky after suffering through 35 terrible years and finally having a good team!

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I mean, I'd love for the Saints to win the Superbowl as the home team in the Vikings stadium.

But seriously, we saw a good example of what playoff inexperience can do to a pretty good Rams QB and team. The game just moves differently in the playoffs.

That's what I'm saying. We earned our right to be a bit cocky after suffering through 35 terrible years and finally having a good team!

0-4 Mic drop

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Yeah that's pretty rough. I'm gathering from all of this that you're a Vikings fan. TBH I'm pretty terrified of the team and really banking on playoff jitters messing y'all QB up.

Ha...yeah I am a glutton for punishment :(

45 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Yeah that's pretty rough. I'm gathering from all of this that you're a Vikings fan. TBH I'm pretty terrified of the team and really banking on playoff jitters messing y'all QB up.

I'm rooting for the Saints. I really like Brees and this is prob their best chance at another SB win. Anyone but the Steelers or Patriots. That's for sure. If not the Saints then the Vikings.

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm rooting for the Saints. I really like Brees and this is prob their best chance at another SB win. Anyone but the Steelers or Patriots. That's for sure. If not the Saints then the Vikings.

My wife's family is a huge Steelers family so they have been my second team. I'd love a Saints - Steelers SB though just so I can cheer against them.

17 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Here is how I envision it.

Revenge win against Saints for 09

Revenge win against Falcons for 98

Revenge win against Steelers for 74

21 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Just went to an amazing session at AMS.  Ada Monzon gave an overview of Hurricane Maria in PR and it was emotional and powerful.  I can’t remember a standing ovation at a talk before.  Lots of wet eyes in the room.

Getting a lot of high praise on twitter. 

7 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Technically the AFC team is the home team. ;)

And the Vikes did host a SB near and dear to many in this region!  Redskins won at the metrodome in 1992.

Dang thought for sure this year was an nfc home team year. Guess we will have to be satisfied with away ;).

in other thoughts, this place is the last place I thought I’d get into a Vikings Saints trash talk.

1 hour ago, supernovasky said:

Dang thought for sure this year was an nfc home team year. Guess we will have to be satisfied with away ;).

in other thoughts, this place is the last place I thought I’d get into a Vikings Saints trash talk.

There's 4 of us here lol

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah there’s a strong contingent of Vikings fans somehow in the BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON area.

Tarkenton era still lives. Back before free agency, franchise cores of players caused a lot of fans to latch on outside of their home State. That doesn't happen nearly as much anymore. The Chargers are still my second favorite team becuase of the Fouts, Chandler, Joiner era. Those 4pm Chargers games in the late 70s/early 80's were so fun to watch. Same thing with the Cowboys, Steelers, etc. 

53 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Tarkenton era still lives. Back before free agency, franchise cores of players caused a lot of fans to latch on outside of their home State. That doesn't happen nearly as much anymore. The Chargers are still my second favorite team becuase of the Fouts, Chandler, Joiner era. Those 4pm Chargers games in the late 70s/early 80's were so fun to watch. Same thing with the Cowboys, Steelers, etc. 

When I was a teenager growing up in Steeler country, I fell in love with Earl Campbell.  Unfortunately for his Oilers, they kept losing to the dynasty in Pittsburgh in the playoffs year after year.  Being a fan of Houston and later the Titans has meant a lot of heartbreak, similar to being a Vikings fan (or an Eagles fan.). Never more so than being one yard away from winning their only Super Bowl appearance.

I will be pulling for them again Saturday night against Brady and Co., still waiting for that first taste of glory.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived