Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro similar to the GFS for Christmas eve. Nice little event but equally as fragile. Nice to see 12z ops all give a little holiday frozen cheer. lol

goes into Christmas Day as well... bring that wave of moisture about 75 miles SE and we get a decent lil snow event at 222-234

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Flip to zr then rain verbatim but it's another set of runs with frozen centered right around the holiday. I said it before....it's going to be a long week....very long...lol

just for laughs did 0z Euro have similar.  I looked through posts and didn't see it really analyzed..just wondering where we are headed

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

just for laughs did 0z Euro have similar.  I looked through posts and didn't see it really analyzed..just wondering where we are headed

No, 0z was a dry front and cool/cold christmas. The entire setup is razor thin and fragile. My guess is models will slow down the cold but this year seems to want to deliver so who knows. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Looking closer....it would be 1-6" of snow (you know who is 6") with a lot of ice on top. Very wintry event. Just need it to hold for 8 days. lol

who?  Jebman?  I would love to see his posts during an Xmas snow event.  I picture him in boxers making snow angels with a Santa hat

27 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Looking closer....it would be 1-6" of snow (you know who is 6") with a lot of ice on top. Very wintry event. Just need it to hold for 8 days. lol

My favorite type of storm. Snow to the sound of sleet, maybe a little freezing rain thrown in and end as snow. Not asking too much.

EPS somewhat supportive of the op's christmas event. Still a ton of spread and the razor thin margin is apparent even on the ens. If this year really is going to overperform, the Christmas eve/day potential will be a good test. We're conditioned to end up on the wrong side. That doesn't seem to be happening this year so far. Will it continue?

You can see the issues on the LR 12z EPS. Hopefully we can cash in on any overrunning event near X-mas. Once we get beyond Day 10 on the EPS you see -PNA and +AO. WOuld probably mean any energy would be dumped into the Southwest, boosting the SE Ridge. We'll see though. If somehow we get a SECS X-Mas eve or day none of us would care. 

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived