Weathernoob335
December 2017 Mid-Long Range Disco 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Is 34/33 etc. the high temperatures? Pretty cold

No doubt. For a d10+ ens mean it doesn't get much colder in these parts. Some of the sub zero readings in the upper mw later this week are going to be insane. 

Mean precip during the cold period for us is around .3-.4. Gotta hope we avoid cold and dry. 

I think we're probably seeing the outer limit of how much time it takes to get the front through here. Prob won't happen on Christmas but still within the realm. 26-27th seems reasonable. Don't think it will lag much beyond that (hopefully). 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

No doubt. For a d10+ ens mean it doesn't get much colder in these parts. Some of the sub zero readings in the upper mw later this week are going to be insane. 

Mean precip during the cold period for us is around .3-.4. Gotta hope we avoid cold and dry. 

I think we're probably seeing the outer limit of how much time it takes to get the front through here. Prob won't happen on Christmas but still within the realm. 26-27th seems reasonable. Don't think it will lag much beyond that (hopefully). 

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

Sing it with me!  So this is Christmas and what have you done...

87D1073C-9159-4673-BAB3-9698B8F7AB44.jpeg

That made me smile...and I am not in the mood to smile but it happened anyway.  

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Let’s hope you’re right that 12z was rock bottom and we dilly dilly ourselves of the pit of misery this week.

Feels like it doesn't it? Maybe we can back into something as the strong front comes through. That part is far from resolved. Would be nice to score even just 1" right before we get 3-4 days of sub freezing temps. Some -20 stuff showing up in the upper midwest. If that's even close to real....and we have an inch of snow on ground when the core of the cold hits...it's possible we could score an elusive sub zero reading in Dec.  I don't know the last time that happened in Dec. Gym would know. Hopefully he reads this. 

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

18z GEFS is everything we want to see in improvements. SE ridge is smaller on Christmas day as compared to 12z, and the cold gets pushed out on the 26th faster than the 12z. 

Still 8 days until the 25th..you never know what could happen

32 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

It was. Front with a serious snow,squall Christmas night. Then nice little 2-4 inch event on I believe the 27th.

The snow squall was serious indeed. But even more serious was the traffic nightmare than followed late Christmas night. The region  was paralyzed like that inch of snow a couple of years ago

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic

Archived