Newest Member
    joxey
South of the pike clipper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Back to reality from a 2005 name drop, HRRR looks very rich and gets better each run, a 2-4 along the south coast would not surprise me, some OES down there too. Its gotten less sheared today as yesterdays has pulled the confluence up father. Couple of things too, instant accumulations on all surfaces and roads will be slick

Yeah, I'm not ready to go full jimmy on this yet, but there are encouraging signs. Decent lift, potent s/w etc. Cautious optimism will prevail for now. Hope to regain cover after yesterday's melt.

19z HRRR is pretty nice...obviously you need to take the HRRR beyond 6 hours with a grain of salt. But if that actually develops like that then we're going to see advisory snows in CT-RI-SE MA and prob 1-3 right into the pike region. But I'm not ready to go there yet...18z NAM was a bit of a reality check in that this system still faces some obstacles.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

19z HRRR is pretty nice...obviously you need to take the HRRR beyond 6 hours with a grain of salt. But if that actually develops like that then we're going to see advisory snows in CT-RI-SE MA and prob 1-3 right into the pike region. But I'm not ready to go there yet...18z NAM was a bit of a reality check in that this system still faces some obstacles.

The further W you are, the better off I feel about snow further N.  I think it's a bit too generous on the northern edge.  I like LI, the immediate S Coast,and about 15 mi N for the best banding.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

The further W you are, the better off I feel about snow further N.  I think it's a bit too generous on the northern edge.  I like LI, the immediate S Coast,and about 15 mi N for the best banding.

Yeah SW CT is best spot...furthest removed from the confluence....though the system does try to get a little jolt as it exits stage right, so might have to watch the Cape and esp ACK/MVY for another enhancement area.

The soundings are really nice for high ratio fluff (like 20+ to 1) so if we can overcome the low level dryness, someone could pick up a quick 2-3" from like 0.08" of QPF...so this system kind of feels like it has bust potential even though from a liquid standpoint it isn't that big of a deal...but the difference between getting 0.01-0.02" of liquid and 0.10" could be like a dusting versus 2-3" of snow which is kind of a large sensible wx impact.

Archived