• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9, 2017 - Storm Discussion (Breaking the seal on the season for many)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Weather Wookiee said:

Will be interesting since the ground has not been cold, long enough. Might get the totals but it might also be sloppy initially with an overnight freeze to the underlayer.

Yup just like 10/29/11...ground was way warmer... cuz it was October..snow stuck immediately.   This will have no issues sticking at all.  

43 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Congrats guys on the impending snow. I'll have to settle for a sloppy inch or two on the front end. This region is gonna have to wait out a couple of storms before the trough axis is far enough off shore for something meaty in my hood.

OT, I noticed yesterday was the 100 year anniversary of that horrific tragedy in Halifax which was the most devastating manmade explosion in the pre-atomic age when the Mont Blanc, a French munitions ship, exploded 20 minutes after colliding with another vessel.The massive explosion killed more than 1,800 people, injured another 9,000–including blinding 200–and destroyed almost the entire north end of the city of Halifax, including more than 1,600 homes. The resulting shock wave shattered windows 50 miles away, and the sound of the explosion could be heard hundreds of miles away.  Wikipedia called the explosive cloud a pyrocumulus cloud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Explosion

Just now, WinterWolf said:

The whole frozen ground thing/warm ground thing should be added to Rays fraud 5....make it Fraud 6....  

i used to think that too..TIL the Octobomb blew that theory to bits. 

Rates can overcome any warm ground.  April Fools 1997...May 10 1977.  Etc etc etc

I get all warm and fuzzy at some of the enthusiasm from experienced and knowledgeable hobbyists and Mets in this thread.

2” is a victory for this weekend. 4” is amazing. 6” and I would kiss Jerry’s bald head

27 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Rates can overcome any warm ground.  April Fools 1997...May 10 1977.  Etc etc etc

I get all warm and fuzzy at some of the enthusiasm from experienced and knowledgeable hobbyists and Mets in this thread.

2” is a victory for this weekend. 4” is amazing. 6” and I would kiss Jerry’s bald head

Pucker up.... um which one?

Archived