Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

Just now, Bob Chill said:

It's not consolidated and it will be moving really fast. The moisture feed is a beaut though. Think about it...it's snowing now just to our south and lp is way far south. Low won't pass our latitude for over 12 hours from now. 

I agree, but I don't think a bombing low is out of the question. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_5.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I agree, but I don't think a bombing low is out of the question. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_5.png

I don't think that's all that relevant though. It's not going to be a mature cyclone with a pivot/ccb like you see with strong coastals. Look at the Sim satellite panels. This storm is a moisture highway event. Upper level flow never backs and there isn't a spin to it. Trough doesn't go negative. That's one of the reasons that precip remains tight to the coast and doesn't get thrown way inland. Even is the low is 5mb stronger than what the models are saying it won't make that much difference in who gets what. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I don't think that's all that relevant though. It's not going to be a mature cyclone with a pivot/ccb like you see with strong coastals. Look at the Sim satellite panels. This storm is a moisture highway event. Upper level flow never backs and there isn't a spin to it. Trough doesn't go negative. That's one of the reasons that precip remains tight to the coast and doesn't get thrown way inland. Even is the low is 5mb stronger than what the models are saying it won't make that much difference in who gets what. 

Again, I agree.  Any deepening would likely be too late for us, except for the typical last minute hurrah opportunity. ;)

29 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's not consolidated and it will be moving really fast. The moisture feed is a beaut though. Think about it...it's snowing now just to our south and lp is way far south. Low won't pass our latitude for over 12 hours from now. 

The upper jet is a beauty. Can clearly see the difluence at the exit region way up in the Canadian Maritimes. Our region lies in the right-rear quadrant. We have lift! Fun stuff.

jet.thumb.png.a62b5eff7eb29503a066c79756cce92c.png

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

You are the most Maryland person I know. LOL

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Agree. You can easily tell who's fun to hang out with IRL once you hang out here for a while. 

Life's short. Youth is shorter. But I'm preaching to the choir. You guys get it. I'd love for some of you clowns to stop by tomorrow night. Or anytime for that matter. RR works in the Ville, I think. Be a hoot to meet him, though I bet I have a few times down at Camden Yards.

And Phin, not sure if you saw that snowy owl pic in the winter photo thread, but that was near you. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived