joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting for expected snow to start is the worst.  It reminds me of Jaws when Quint is telling the story about the USS Indianapolis and towards the end of his narrative he talks about the PBR coming to rescue the remaining men in the water and says something like, "You know that was the time I was most frightened.  Waiting for my turn. I'll never put on a life jacket again."

One more drink and I say we go down and gut this sucker.

32 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, that not my favorite way to see a forecast. It's biased towards protecting verification by casting a huge muddy net. 

after seeing the GFS, I don't think that such a bad forecast as  if you are good enough to forecast the heavier band that might form west of the city,  you should quit your job and start your own weather service.  The HRR, RAP and GFS now have all gone light,  the NAM is by itself unless the Euro holds serve.  

Just now, usedtobe said:

after seeing the GFS, I don't think that such a bad forecast as  if you are good enough to forecast the heavier band that might form west of the city,  you should quit your job and start your own weather service.  The HRR, RAP and GFS now have all gone light,  the NAM is by itself unless the Euro holds serve.  

HRRR is still actually really good. 3" by 17z

Gosh darn people, it's the first storm of the year. So what places to the South got more snow than us. There's a reason our average snowfall per year is higher than them. They get their storms, we get ours. We're not gonna get nothing from this storm, and at the very least we will get 1". We have a full 3 months of potential winter. The sheer fact that we will get snow in early December is a good sign.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived