SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nate

NavarreDon

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along with what was just said, its also worth nothing that it seems central winds are picking up in accordance with the developing core of convection. Remember the void of any wind above 20kts this morning all around the central region? Nate is in much better shape to intensify rather quickly now that its crossed off some of the basics./

Dropsonde measuring 994 mb confirms the extrap pressure was an error.

Well that is sigh of relief that rapid intensification is not yet underway. I still expect steady intensification over night with the deeper convection and hot towers going up around the organizing core. We'll see what is really going on with Nate's vortex when AF307 gets there.

I would not be surprised to find Nate reaching cat-3 intensity by 18z Saturday then making a landfall as cat-2, Mobile Bay could be in a prime position for storm surge with possible dual landfalls se LA and MS. 

My reasoning is that Nate already showing steady improvement in organization and will be done with any land interaction by 06z then entering a zone of central GOM where rapid intensification has occurred many times in the past. It has the look of a stronger system than just cat-1. 

9 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

That's a real nice convective blowup in the last hour, but the convection to the south of the center has been chasing the center all afternoon/evening.  The core won't be able to tighten up and really deepen until the deep convection can wrap over the center.

Which to me seems like will be very difficult as fast as the system is moving. Probably not an easy thing to track down but does anyone know of a system that underwent RI with a forward speed this fast? Even anecdotally? I can't think of one.

17 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

95mph at LF....my guess....+/- 20mph....lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:  A bit of a impossibility (officially) in my forecast LF wind speed.  Who can guess why?

80 kts = 92.06 mph - round down to 90 mph

85 kts = 97.8 mph - round up to 100 mph.

nothing rounds to 95 mph.

kind of a quirk in the system that has to happen at a couple points in the grand realm of 65 kt to 160 kt or whatever.

The latest convection is larger and more intense than any seen today, and also appears to be jumping north, perhaps over the center.  Recon just passed through and found the center has moved nearly due north since the last pass.  Perhaps the intense convection, which is surging up from the southeast, is tugging on the center, trying to pull it under it.

Archived