Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2017 Model Mehham

Go Kart Mozart

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

12z gefs still looks good in the LR. More ATL help with still a decent PAC. Kind of an even balance imo. 

Way too far out to pay attention to details, but LR was also stormy with few potential systems that could give us a decent event for November. 

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Analogous to a similar date in 1991-we all whitened.

We had about 5 inches in that one in ORH...that had some dynamics to it...it was badly forecast too IIRC. It would be nice to see a few mangled flakes tonight...just to kick off the season.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

To bad its not a few weeks later, That could have been a nice little over running event on the 12z Euro for the 13th, Higher elevations may pull some snow out of it, But, Just a little to warm for inland areas and the coastal dwellers.

A few week form now that is prob a really nice redeveloper...good to see that type of activity though heading into the season.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No I have Frontier but I will have Charter in a few weeks when we move. My brother in law works for Charter. PM me if you have questions or if there is something he can help with. 

Holy crap really?  I do a weathercast every Tuesday at Charter and it ends up going on TV so anyone who has Charter (and watches the Public Access Station) can see it.  It's not live but we are striving to do some live broadcasts in the near future.  Not sure if you know Greg?  Great guy.  I along with 3 other students go once a week

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Holy crap really?  I do a weathercast every Tuesday at Charter and it ends up going on TV so anyone who has Charter (and watches the Public Access Station) can see it.  It's not live but we are striving to do some live broadcasts in the near future.  Not sure if you know Greg?  Great guy.  I along with 3 other students go once a week

:popcorn:

mentioned this last week but fwiw ... the GEFS derived teleconnector is flipping modes in the AO.  Also doing so in the NAO ...which I find interesting, because although that index is a bit problematic to forecast, the operational does show there's agreement between the cluster and the higher resolution verion.  ... D10 is heh ...but it is what it is. Could be the beginnings of something special nearing the holiday or near before with that antecedent -EPO having loaded things a bit up norther.  

just sayn...

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mentioned this last week but fwiw ... the GEFS derived teleconnector is flipping modes in the AO.  Also doing so in the NAO ...which I find interesting, because although that index is a bit problematic to forecast, the operational does show there's agreement between the cluster and the higher resolution verion.  ... D10 is heh ...but it is what it is. Could be the beginnings of something special nearing the holiday or near before with that antecedent -EPO having loaded things a bit up norther.  

just sayn...

EPS agrees.

Full speed ahead, big start to winter incoming. 

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

We had about 5 inches in that one in ORH...that had some dynamics to it...it was badly forecast too IIRC. It would be nice to see a few mangled flakes tonight...just to kick off the season.

That was my first year back.  Who knew the snow would shut off from 12/28-3/10?

Archived