joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setting up at the FreshGrass festival in North Adams, currently +RA.   

I swear, this place is such a snow hole in the winter but in spring and summer, if it's raining anywhere in W MA, it's raining in North Adams.

I'll work 40 hours in three days as local beer ambassador but get to see some fantastic music. 

http://freshgrass.com/2017-lineup/

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Remember those folks in here that said all they could see thru months end was cool and COC ky? Instead nothing but days and days of dews lol

Well everyone is different, but I don't like the humid nights. I always wait until October. September still can get muggy.  

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well everyone is different, but I don't like the humid nights. I always wait until October. September still can get muggy.  

I like them in season. Now that it's out of season , and you want crisp fall wx we don't want it..instead we get weeks of deep summer and fake posts about how hot falls are great and riding waves into October 

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I like them in season. Now that it's out of season , and you want crisp fall wx we don't want it..instead we get weeks of deep summer and fake posts about how hot falls are great and riding waves into October 

It's gross.   Bugs are still in abundance. Kids sticking to school desks.  Everything smells like feet...

Looks like the same upcoming for at least 4-5 days

7 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

89. 11 bit me hard. Pumped my tee shot OB and then put the second tee shot into the tall grass. 

Yeah that hole is awful. It's ruined many good rounds for me. I remember tripling it one time after I was 2 over after 10. Sent me reeling and finished with an 81 or something. Not a bad round, but what could have been. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Has been about as a spectacular September as I can remember on both fronts, you should come down to the beach this week at least you might see some winds over 30 there. Man it's been a horror show for you, cool summer warm fall, canes that never show up. Tweeting me about how I shouldn't hump the Euro when it showed a Florida hit while you were touting 38, telling me what a horrible year I had and no one listens to me. Your losing streak is longer the the Tribes winning streak was. get out and enjoy it man, September is possible the best vacation time, break your lemming mold.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Has been about as a spectacular September as I can remember on both fronts, you should come down to the beach this week at least you might see some winds over 30 there. Man it's been a horror show for you, cool summer warm fall, canes that never show up. Tweeting me about how I shouldn't hump the Euro when it showed a Florida hit while you were touting 38, telling me what a horrible year I had and no one listens to me. Your losing streak is longer the the Tribes winning streak was. get out and enjoy it man, September is possible the best vacation time, break your lemming mold.

He's flustered too. He's so afraid of calling for a snowy winter and being wrong that he's calling for a dud. Like Will said, either he can finally claim a victory or he at least gets his snow fetish. 

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

No way....really? I keep the upstairs dew like 55F all winter with a humidifier...lol. I hate dry skin and chapped lips.

I hate the humidity. I mean 61/60 is fine for daytime, but somehow at night it's gross. It doesn't help that I have a foam mattress that likes to hold the warmth in a bit. But in winter, it's FTW.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I hate the humidity. I mean 61/60 is fine for daytime, but somehow at night it's gross. It doesn't help that I have a foam mattress that likes to hold the warmth in a bit. But in winter, it's FTW.

Tempurpedic or bobopedic?

I can't sleep without my tempur pillow.

On 9/12/2017 at 8:34 PM, dendrite said:

We damage.

IMG_7903.JPG

IMG_9766.JPG

Just investigated the rest of this yesterday. Looks like it partially rotted and one trunk split from the other. I think the other one is going to have to come down too. It's leaning the same way as the one that fell so it's pretty dangerous to be in that area right now...especially if you're a chicken. I need MPM up here to do some splitting for me.

IMG_7990.JPG

IMG_7991.JPG

IMG_7992.JPG

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

He's flustered too. He's so afraid of calling for a snowy winter and being wrong that he's calling for a dud. Like Will said, either he can finally claim a victory or he at least gets his snow fetish. 

You've def been off your forecasting game this month. What did you see that lead you to believe cool and COC k all month?

Archived