Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

For m 9th birthday in 87, I got two tapes- Tiffany and Vanilla Ice...

Anyway...picked up about .55inches from Jose...a few downpours connected by misery mist all day...not gusty at all...my weather station had a gust to 12mph

I saw a couple of unexpected twigs and leaves on the road this morning, on my way to work. 

For my 9th birthday I got one of the all time march snow months (3 months belated).

random thoughts-tempupedic ftw.  Glad all my ex's relatives in the USVI are either elsewhere or already dead.  Anyone else enjoy the winter scenes in some episodes of game of thrones?  Waiting to find out the results of a biopsy last week-probably ok (in the waiting room waiting to be called in) but surgery either way.  Managed to make it this far never having to be operated on.  Streak about to end.  More later.

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

For my 9th birthday I got one of the all time march snow months (3 months belated).

random thoughts-tempupedic ftw.  Glad all my ex's relatives in the USVI are either elsewhere or already dead.  Anyone else enjoy the winter scenes in some episodes of game of thrones?  Waiting to find out the results of a biopsy last week-probably ok (in the waiting room waiting to be called in) but surgery either way.  Managed to make it this far never having to be operated on.  Streak about to end.  More later.

Best of luck!

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Had to wait until my 10th B'day (9 days after it, actually) for the first big snowfall of my consciousness.

Looking at my 4th surgery soon, though it will be w/o full anesthesia, just sedation, as they "roto-rooter" the blockage in my right carotid artery.  Finally roused Central Maine Med and got an appointment this afternoon, hoping the procedure follows soon.  Nurse-practitioner who read the ultrasound last Friday said "critical blockage".  No symptoms, however. 
(Surgeries 1-3:  Tonsils in 1951, neck fusion at C4 April 2011, cyst removal back of neck Dec 2011.)

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Had to wait until my 10th B'day (9 days after it, actually) for the first big snowfall of my consciousness.

Looking at my 4th surgery soon, though it will be w/o full anesthesia, just sedation, as they "roto-rooter" the blockage in my right carotid artery.  Finally roused Central Maine Med and got an appointment this afternoon, hoping the procedure follows soon.  Nurse-practitioner who read the ultrasound last Friday said "critical blockage".  No symptoms, however. 
(Surgeries 1-3:  Tonsils in 1951, neck fusion at C4 April 2011, cyst removal back of neck Dec 2011.)

Good luck!  And remember the most important mantra-keep on keeping on.  I bet you feel a lot better after you recover from the endarterectomy.

Eesh.   Good luck to you guys being molested by the docs.  Almost there myself. 

Weird days... three years ago I get on my bicycle for the 270 miler at ADK 540 weekend.  160 miles later I quit with wicked hypothermia because I found that (1) being dumb and assuming it'll warm up like they say and (2) when you stop thinking because you're hypothermic and you have such a low threshold for thinking anyway you get kinda cold and spike your chances to finish the race.  This year my effort was spiked because it was so stinking hot.  150 miles and stopped, resuming the next morning I made it two hours down the road and almost having been killed twice by guys driving pickups pulling huge camper trailers I bagged it.   

Albany airport recorded zero precipitation Monday, ten miles down the road I drove home through the heaviest downpour I have ever encountered in a car.  Flooded I-890 and, NYS Route 7, some cars apparently aren't designed to drive at high speed through 12 inches of water because some numbies were ending up facing the wrong way all merged up into the guard rails.  My rain gauge was tipped over at home or I'd have some idea what fell but it sure seemed like a lot in a short time. 

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Thanks!  Found out I have flexibility in scheduling this benign growth so will set up for November.   I'll have some flexibility during recovery presuming I'm not too laid up so weenie time coinciding with the final month of pre season-or as Kevin puts it, mid winter.

Didn't you have surgery on the top of your head?

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Didn't you have surgery on the top of your head?

December 2014 but  not OR surgery-dermatologist.  This one is under general anesthesia with an overnight in the hospital and a block of time out of work recovering.   Mohs surgery in 2014 was numbing of the skin and no sedation or other meds-I walked home immediately afterwards.   But maybe in autumns I have to get my skin cut into a big winter follows?  You may be onto something!

Archived