Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Irma

downeastnc

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSP doesn't believe we'll see any hurricane gusts though.

All this is to say that impacts are looking more likely for our area
at this time. The potential is there for all modes of tropical
threats, including heavy rainfall, gusty winds (though getting
anything to hurricane force up here would be very, very difficult),
and even isolated tropical cyclone tornadoes could be in play if
just the right (or more accurately, wrong) track occurs.

I need one of yall to come smack me in the head if I click on the main tropical page thread again....its crazy bad...

NAM is interesting for sure, cause the motion the storm has right now is more in line with the eastern tracks IF IF IF it holds up for any length of time, it would take Irma north of the Turks and Caicos, most runs that have it there end up further up the coast....most runs that go west to Florida etc are much more WNW and south of the Turks and Caicos. 

10 minutes ago, NC_hailstorm said:

GSP doesn't believe we'll see any hurricane gusts though.

All this is to say that impacts are looking more likely for our area
at this time. The potential is there for all modes of tropical
threats, including heavy rainfall, gusty winds (though getting
anything to hurricane force up here would be very, very difficult),
and even isolated tropical cyclone tornadoes could be in play if
just the right (or more accurately, wrong) track occurs.

Think they are widely waiting on the next day or two of model runs ! They don't want panic, but if it tracks like today's Euro, I promise CAE to GSP and CLT would see hurricane gusts atleast!

8 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

I need one of yall to come smack me in the head if I click on the main tropical page thread again....its crazy bad...

NAM is interesting for sure, cause the motion the storm has right now is more in line with the eastern tracks IF IF IF it holds up for any length of time, it would take Irma north of the Turks and Caicos, most runs that have it there end up further up the coast....most runs that go west to Florida etc are much more WNW and south of the Turks and Caicos. 

The eye is missing PR by a decent amount! 

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Think they are widely waiting on the next day or two of model runs ! They don't want panic, but if it tracks like today's Euro, I promise CAE to GSP and CLT would see hurricane gusts atleast!

There wording is spot on in my opinion considering this thing is still 5 days away. It is enough to grab your attention but not to plant things in cement currently. 

42 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Main thread is a disaster.  That forum has come a long way from the awesomeness it used to contain years ago. 

Archived