Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I definitely need my own obs tower.  285' would be the tallest building in all of NNE I believe.

I'd love to get an anemometer here.  My first floor is about 30' above the water, and any wind with NNW too SSE trajectory is unobstructed.

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tanning and sunning ASOUT

How come you're the only one not parked in their driveway?

I have a question about how student loans work b/c I thought of an awesome idea which could really help me get ahead.  Financial aid/scholarships/provided loans offered by the school didn't quite cover the total cost for this upcoming year so I owe like $449.  Anyways, I think thinking of just applying for a student loan on my own.  When you apply for these can you request any amount or how does that work?  I was going to ask for $10,000.  

58 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Cuz trees over driveway and Sap dripe onto car. No thanks 

I thought you had a garage?

I agree with the NWS tweet...the weather lately just has not felt like July.  Sure we've had a few warm days/nights but it just seems like it is later in the year than it is rather than peak climo.  I think the smaller leaves or the spare bare tree from the gypsies has helped with that look but I think it's been the cloudy/cool days too.  You could easily think it's a September day on several of this month's days.

Looks like I barely hit 70 today but even that will be another record low max for me.  Today is my maximum climo day and it starts the slow ticking down from here!

Turning into quite the chilly month relative to normal up here.  

MVL and 1V4 are now in the -2 to -3 range for the month.  MPV is a bit warmer at -1 to -2.  

BTV is +0.2 but that's about right for that torch spot.  The other VT sites need to get solidly to -3 before BTV will go below normal these days.

Another stat that's blowing my mind is the highest temperatures for the month.

MPV's high for July will be 83F.  Think about that.  Normal high is like 80-81F and the warmest it got for the hottest month of the year was 83F, and only on one day at that.

MVL's high for July will be 84F.  Normal there is 82-83F this time of year for max temps.  

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Another stat that's blowing my mind is the highest temperatures for the month.

MPV's high for July will be 83F.  Think about that.  Normal high is like 80-81F and the warmest it got for the hottest month of the year was 83F, and only on one day at that.

MVL's high for July will be 84F.  Normal there is 82-83F this time of year for max temps.  

My high for the month is only 85 so far. That's MPM worthy for SE of the mtns.

4 hours ago, MetHerb said:

IYou could easily think it's a September day on several of this month's days.

Looks like I barely hit 70 today but even that will be another record low max for me.  Today is my maximum climo day and it starts the slow ticking down from here!

July rollercoaster ride 

Archived