Newest Member
    joxey
The 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

What am I missing here? Why is there such a huge difference between the actual real time pressures (10+ mbs lower) then the pressures that are being displayed on the initialization on the models? I understand there is some lag, time wise, and we are seeing rapid intensification, but 10 mb and in some cases 15+mb difference? 

Edit: Just looked at the CMC and it has 988mb at 6 hours when we are already seeing 948 or even less. 40mb difference and that isn't even taking into account the time difference.

I was just thinking exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If I could... :P 

Low chance deal for any impacts, but it's kinda interesting to see something pop along the coast, right? That could just be me.

you can see the anti-USA bias and love for Canada as it goes due N into Cape Cod.  SNE getting a cane before us is just wrong.  Like Dallas winning a SB wrong.  Like putting mustard on a hot dog wrong.

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

What am I missing here? Why is there such a huge difference between the actual real time pressures (10+ mbs lower) then the pressures that are being displayed on the initialization on the models? I understand there is some lag, time wise, and we are seeing rapid intensification, but 10 mb and in some cases 15+mb difference? 

Edit: Just looked at the CMC and it has 988mb at 6 hours when we are already seeing 948 or even less. 40mb difference and that isn't even taking into account the time difference.

20 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I was just thinking exactly the same.

Guess no one here has the answer to this. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know :(

I've just been so pessimistic lately man. Can't buy a cold season block and hope for a Nino is fading. I so hope I'm wrong. 

Back on topic. Remember when some thought this would be a boring period? :P 

I remember when Amped said that a 10mb lessening in strength on one GFS run was an indication that a weakening trend was starting.

Kind of hoping it'll speed up so we can see the effects of landfall while there's still some daylight. 

EDIT: This link was prolly posted already, but what a beautiful sight:

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/templates/loop_directory.asp?data_folder=dev%2Flindsey%2Floops%2F25aug17_band2&image_width=640&image_height=480&loop_speed_ms=40

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah. It'll be interesting to see how far inland it gets. We know it's going to crawl, but if it is able to get back out over the Gulf and reintensify a bit that would be really bad. Honestly, the best solution would be the trough being stronger than currently modeled and kicking this thing northeast. 

Yeah and another nightmare would be if it stalls right along the coastline.

Archived