Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter Thread

BxEngine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

Anyone here has anxiety over flying? Haven't been on a plane in 13 years and will be flying to the DR in July. Didn't have anxiety issues then but I do now. Just wondering any techniques that would help?

Yes, I hate it, but it goes away for me a minute or two after take off. Just look on the bright side, you'll be in a tropical paradise in a couple of hours, that works for me.

18 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I'm not exactly sure when I get over my fear. But I used to panic when I got on a plane to the point of where I wanted to turn around. Even Xanax didn't do much. I only fly a couple times a year but when I do it's fairly routine I just treat it like getting on a train or a bus. There's also a book written by an ex pilot who explains just how hard it is to bring down an aircraft. It's a good read. Its called cockpit confidential

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'll look into that. Thanks for the recommendation.

8 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Yes, I hate it, but it goes away for me a minute or two after take off. Just look on the bright side, you'll be in a tropical paradise in a couple of hours, that works for me.

Yeah that's probably what will happen with me. Once I'm in the air I'll be fine I feel like.

Keep in mind that any plane mishaps make the news so it's not like planes are crashing or having issues without anyone knowing about it.  We hear of every one of them.  

Now think of how few times we actually hear news about this stuff relative to how many flights are occurring at any given time all over the world, all day, every day without a stop.  

Gilgo beach is closed indefinitely due to erosion from this winter's storms.   The damage from Sandy is still very visible.  There is almost no beach left from the erosion, mostly from that rain storm in late January. 

Here's a few pics I took today from the same spot I recording those videos are the wild scene at Gilgo in January. 

*(Some are uploading so I'll link them below)

https://ibb.co/fC2qTF

https://ibb.co/dmeR2a

20170528_145906.jpg

RANT WARNING: So far this May has been GARBAGE to me, i think the entire summer will be a bust. I like the summers i remember as a teen in the early 90's as it seems in my memory that it was already in the 80's on long island and sun more often than not by now. Only my wifes job keeps me here but i would love to be living in place that has little to no rain and long hot summers. F-this weather we have right now. Its 54f out my back door with wind and rain. Its a serious let down. My outlook for this summer here on Long Island is cooler and wetter than normal. Meaning more depression and sorrow. I work outside and cant stand this endless rain. I feel like im living in Dublin.

1 hour ago, marsplex said:

RANT WARNING: So far this May has been GARBAGE to me, i think the entire summer will be a bust. I like the summers i remember as a teen in the early 90's as it seems in my memory that it was already in the 80's on long island and sun more often than not by now. Only my wifes job keeps me here but i would love to be living in place that has little to no rain and long hot summers. F-this weather we have right now. Its 54f out my back door with wind and rain. Its a serious let down. My outlook for this summer here on Long Island is cooler and wetter than normal. Meaning more depression and sorrow. I work outside and cant stand this endless rain. I feel like im living in Dublin.

...NO beach days..NO bermuda high..MEAN trough in the east..2017..year with NO summer..sick

of this crap!

19 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yep, sad. 

But seriously, what is their rational behind canceling parades over some rain?...not like there are raging t storms that could  cause danger. My town where I grew up has one of the longest  running annual 4th of July  parades, and it's never been canceled...and I remember standing thru a few rainy parades.

1 hour ago, doncat said:

But seriously, what is their rational behind canceling parades over some rain?...not like there are raging t storms that could  cause danger. My town where I grew up has one of the longest  running annual 4th of July  parades, and it's never been canceled...and I remember standing thru a few rainy parades.

God forbid people get wet in honor of those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Here's s pic from a friend of the parade in Cornwall, NY, the show goes on. 

IMG_5958.JPG

Hello, dropping into all regional forums to mention that there is a 2017 tropical season forecast over at Tropical Headquarters.

Entries are welcome into early June without penalty.

This is where to go if you're interested ...

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/50014-2017-north-atlantic-tropical-storm-hurricane-forecast-contest/

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Roger Smith said:

Hello, dropping into all regional forums to mention that there is a 2017 tropical season forecast over at Tropical Headquarters.

Entries are welcome into early June without penalty.

This is where to go if you're interested ...

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/50014-2017-north-atlantic-tropical-storm-hurricane-forecast-contest/

Thanks. 

Blutarsky on the majors and American landfalls. 

Archived