• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14 Storm

1 minute ago, shemATC said:

Tomorrow morning I doubt conditions will be good, snow/mix/rain or all of the above.  The afternoon might be different if there is more mix/rain in the morning.   I'd still bet it will be snow morning and minimally a slushy mess in the afternoon (otherwise all snow and definitely not drivable).

thanks, that was pretty much my rationale, too...she only had appointments in the morning...if they were in the afternoon would have been a harder call...

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Too cool, I'll pull an all nighter cant miss this 

You shouldn't have to.  We won't see snow until 2-3am, and probably not significant rates until 4-5am.  Guessing blizzard conditions wouldn't pop up until at least 5am or later.  I say crash for a nap, then get up.  Otherwise it's going to be a LONG day watching it come down.

12 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Changed to Mt Pocono, close to 80 so I should have access getting out Wednesday, I can adjust a little once I get in to SE PA.

Typically with coastals you'd be better served further south in say the Lehigh Valley (or even further south), but in this case Mt. Pocono looks to do well.

Welcome to the area!  Enjoy!  Most importantly, stay safe!

1 minute ago, shemATC said:

You shouldn't have to.  We won't see snow until 2-3am, and probably not significant rates until 4-5am.  Guessing blizzard conditions wouldn't pop up until at least 5am or later.  I say crash for a nap, then get up.  Otherwise it's going to be a LONG day watching it come down.

It will be snowing here long before 2am

1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

Typically with coastals you'd be better served further south in say the Lehigh Valley (or even further south), but in this case Mt. Pocono looks to do well.

Welcome to the area!  Enjoy!  Most importantly, stay safe!

Agreed!

WeatherNC, Allentown should be a good spot for this event.

4 minutes ago, shemATC said:

I need to get some great video footage of this.  I have plenty from last year and previous storms, I have to compile them over the summer for comparison 

Hey you posted it first, I stepped away from the laptop to do some work and I come back out for updates and TWC had the whole county under a warning. 

Too cool, I'll pull an all nighter cant miss this 

I'll probably be joining you. Really don't know if I'll be able to sleep. I'm all sorts of fired up lol.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

I think last year we only forecast to get 24" and I ended up with 36. so anything is possible when you get in those crazy death bands 

Last year the day before, I'm pretty sure we were given like 16-20" or something. By the middle of the storm, they bumped it up to 24-30+". This storm obviously isn't stalling like last years storm, but if we get into a band of 3-6" hour rates for a while, I wouldn't be surprised to get 2 feet.

Just now, penndotguy said:

I havent heard that mentioned lately Mt Holly did bring that up yesterday in there AFD but no mention of it since 

Yeah I was just mentioning it in relation to last year.

Miller B's are famous for dryslots

This is a hybrid miller a/b more so an a now since its digging further and tapping GOM

Archived