joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I am-in the back 

I think I'm the only one who actually isn't seen falling in the hole...you see me early on way over on the right side walking toward the shot, but I never reappear from the right.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Why does it seem it barely looks like it gets any inflow? It's all waa moving NE. 

There's plenty of inflow...how do you think it is dumping snow all the way back into central NY state?

We just mostly gets the crazy WCB with the bent back ML warm front on that type of a track.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's plenty of inflow...how do you think it is dumping snow all the way back into central NY state?

We just mostly gets the crazy WCB with the bent back ML warm front on that type of a track.

Maybe it's my crappy maps Im looking at, I would just think there is more of a bomb ccb. guess its there need to switch to pivotal weather. 

Yea, smh. pivotal is better. 5ppd tag me now. thanks. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It definitely is a little less phased if you will. Also the mslp looker a little better...less unrealistic 

Yeah similar sfc track, but happens with a little different upper air which is prob why there was less mid-level warm tongue getting into SNE that run. The main shortwave back in the lakes is almost more kicking the front runner east a little before phasing fully with it.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gone.

Going to EURO here....I think it will come west some, but I don't trust the GFS.

I mean...why wouldn't it keep being wrong before the SW moves onshore?

I dunno who I trust lol, just having fun chasing this effin thing. I just dont know why anyone would toss a piece that has been stubborn to move much. Obv the vets know better on the specifics but the end result is not that far off from previous runs. Anyway, if we can blend this and the euro everyone is happy but 1 or 2 people. 

Just now, weathafella said:

Cmc is pretty similar to the euro if you don't queen it up.

The leading shortwave is def more paltry on the GGEM which is why it's kind of compact, but it's a similar level of phasing, or lack thereof.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I dunno who I trust lol, just having fun chasing this effin thing. I just dont know why anyone would toss a piece that has been stubborn to move much. Obv the vets know better on the specifics but the end result is not that far off from previous runs. Anyway, if we can blend this and the euro everyone is happy but 1 or 2 people. 

The euro has been consistent, too....and is a better model.

It makes sense that any decent piece of guidance would hold fast until the sw is sampled.

Archived