Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What I should say is, there were no inland runners as in HV or CTR. But there were many inside BM members, that would crush just about everyone. 

That would be the perfect track.   Over ACK would do as well.  In this situation-not all.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

With an n of 51 it's hard for 1-2 members to skew too much.  That's one reason why it is generally a superior product.

Here is the 0z GEFS, it's east of the 18z GEFS and looks like the mean goes over the BM and the members are clustered around the mean.

IMG_5032.JPG.dcee55e244fcac481716977f5f8c731f.JPG

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Whiskey.  We don't call it crazy uncle for nothing-it's a common occurrence.  

It is Friday night.  

Well, I walk into the room
Passing out hundred dollar bills
And it kills, and it thrills, like the horns on my silverado grill
And I buy the bar double round the crown
And everybody's getting down
An' this town, ain't never gonna be the same

'Cause I saddle up my horse
And I ride into the city
I make a lot of noise
'Cause the girls
They are so pretty
Riding up and down broadway
On my old stud leroy
And the girls say
Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Everybody says
Save a horse, ride a cowboy

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, I just don't see anything that argues more then 12" or so for this one from run to run, I think expectations are very high and some may be in for disappointment.

Meh, I will be more annoyed than disappointed. Unless a historic turn of events happens, this won't leave a real usable pack for me. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If so, you may not have to wait that long to get yours. Bagpipes and snowmobiles?

A lot of moving parts that have to come together for this to get to the next level, Maybe tommorw night it becomes clearer, But i don't see this as an HECS event other then it will encompass a large population.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

A lot of moving parts that have to come together for this to get to the next level, Maybe tommorw night it becomes clearer, But i don't see this as an HECS event other then it will encompass a large population.

Tossing the Euro? Damn straight that's historical 

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

Well, now that the Ukie has moved to a Euro type solution, assuming the Euro holds, we can then ask what the Euro is seeing that the GFS isn't.

It's a little bizarre.  GFS appears to be slowly correcting which is kind of euroesque.

High confidence GFS/NAM camp is wrong based on what I see around hr 84, which is where the model divergence begins. Cyclogenesis off the SE coast tends to happen over/immediately adjacent to the GULF Stream statistically speaking, unless there is UL support to have this occur elsewhere. In the case of the GFS I don't understand why it chooses Virginia Beach for the area of best pressure falls; the UL jet is not even collocated with this location. Further, it decides to drive the SLP almost due north into Delaware despite the UL steering currents being Northeast over this time frame. 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

Meh, I will be more annoyed than disappointed. Unless a historic turn of events happens, this won't leave a real usable pack for me. 

It will help up north to prolong the season but we have been cooked here a few weeks, And nothing will change that.

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

High confidence GFS/NAM camp is wrong based on what I see around hr 84, which is where the model divergence begins. Cyclogenesis off the SE coast tends to happen over/immediately adjacent to the GULF Stream statistically speaking, unless there is UL support to have this occur elsewhere. In the case of the GFS I don't understand why it chooses Virginia Beach for the area of best pressure falls; the UL jet is not even collocated with this location. Further, it decides to drive the SLP almost due north into Delaware despite the UL steering currents being Northeast over this time frame. 

Absolutely agree that is a positive tilt.

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Thanks.  That is the analysis I was looking for.

Archived